Does anyone know where the TPMS module is? I'm getting tire pressure monitor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98markviii

Reaction score
I started getting this error on the dash. Seems like the timing of when this started was right after I installed some hard wiring for accessories near the passenger side footwell fuse box. Would be amazing if someone had the tech diagram of where the TPMS module is located for 2021+ F150s. Once I get this located I'll reseat the cables to see if that resolves my issue.

Thanks in advance!

20221219_094208[11123].jpg

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting this error if I ride for more than about 30 minutes. My right tires update normally but my left don't change pressure at all and then I get the message and dashes for my left tire pressures. It seems to reset after sitting a while and reads all four again but not while driving. Would also like to know where the modules are. Could something, when the ignition is on, be interfering with the signal just for the left tires?

Adrenlin

Reaction score
I'm getting this error if I ride for more than about 30 minutes. My right tires update normally but my left don't change pressure at all and then I get the message and dashes for my left tire pressures. It seems to reset after sitting a while and reads all four again but not while driving. Would also like to know where the modules are. Could something, when the ignition is on, be interfering with the signal just for the left tires?
Have you tried rotating your tires to see if the issue follows the tire?

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried rotating your tires to see if the issue follows the tire?
I have not. That will most likely be part of my diagnosing process to see if it is truly the receiving module or the sensors in the tires. I have a couple of wired devices I need to disconnect to rule out interference from them first (they didn't cause problems in my 2020).

Adrenlin

Reaction score
I have not. That will most likely be part of my diagnosing process to see if it is truly the receiving module or the sensors in the tires. I have a couple of wired devices I need to disconnect to rule out interference from them first (they didn't cause problems in my 2020).
That was just my first thought. After all, given the quality control issues we've seen, a bad batch of tire sensors isn't an unreasonable possibility.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the same issues since day 1. After about 20 miles, driver side sensors stop reading and display dashes. Then the passenger side. Pressure keeps fluctuating. My BCM was replaced - but the problem came back. Sensors were switched to the opposite side, but the passenger side faulted again. They now say it’s the RTM(?) module — that sends signals from the sensors to the BCM. And that module is in the F’ing headliner. Supposed to have the part come in tomorrow - so I’ll let you all know how it goes.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the same issues since day 1. After about 20 miles, driver side sensors stop reading and display dashes. Then the passenger side. Pressure keeps fluctuating. My BCM was replaced - but the problem came back. Sensors were switched to the opposite side, but the passenger side faulted again. They now say it’s the RTM(?) module — that sends signals from the sensors to the BCM. And that module is in the F’ing headliner. Supposed to have the part come in tomorrow - so I’ll let you all know how it goes.
Thanks for the update. My dealership told me last week to come in and have the sensors reset with the truck. I haven't been able to yet but I'm going to wait and see what happens with yours since it sounds exactly the same problem symptoms as mine.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When they moved the sensors the fault followed the sensor? The RTM is the radio transceiver module. I have one sensor that drops off after 20 minutes of driving. When I rotated the tires the fault followed the sensor. So I assume I just have a sensor with a low battery. The RTM polls the sensors every 20 minutes. If it doesn’t get a signal back it gives the fault.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No - the fault didn’t follow the sensor to the other side. It stayed on the driver side even when the sensors were switched and programmed to the passenger side. We will see if now replacing the RTM fixes it ….

enjoitheride

Reaction score
I’d like to chime in here with some info. My dealer had a Gen3 in that wouldn’t stop throwing TPMS sensor alarms. Long story short, 20k later in parts, and a Ford field engineer, they are confident the culprit was the AC/DC inverter causing RF interference. They apparently have been having issues with these. They had to replace it twice, and the truck hasn’t been back since. Been a month now. They are hoping that’s what solved it.