Does anyone have Gen 3 ACC working after bumper mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright man, sorry for the late reply, honestly I completely zoned after working today. I have 1 picture to show you that will pretty much illustrate where you need to relocate it. For me, the biggest issue was that the pigtail that plugs into the ACC module was so ******** stretched out for the location that ADD suggested that I just did not feel comfortable with that much strain, so I relocated it closer to the middle of the grill.
MU1.jpg
MU2.jpg

1.) Do your normal thing and take off the grill as you would. There is going to be an area right up front on the grill that has kind of a little drop down in the plastic, the ACC module bracket is going to fit right there super nice, it's very hard to miss. The bracket has a curve on the bottom of it, and this is going to curve with this drop nicely.

2.) You will need to drill more holes in the plastic to get it to sit just right, but you had to for the other one as well. Difference with this is that the bracket will no longer have that mid support bar like it says in the direction, but I haven't had an issue with the ACC at all since I located it here in March of this year, and I don't expect issues.

3.) I know that you are supposed to get your ACC recalibrated, but I did not, and haven't had issues.

4.) If you have not already, highly suggest buying that black auto flex tubing and wrapping all the wiring in it, and then taking your time to make sure it is sealed up all the way down to the factory pigtail Y.

5.) Let me know if you have any questions and I can see what I can do to assist.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright man, sorry for the late reply, honestly I completely zoned after working today. I have 1 picture to show you that will pretty much illustrate where you need to relocate it. For me, the biggest issue was that the pigtail that plugs into the ACC module was so ******** stretched out for the location that ADD suggested that I just did not feel comfortable with that much strain, so I relocated it closer to the middle of the grill.
View attachment 418378
View attachment 418379

1.) Do your normal thing and take off the grill as you would. There is going to be an area right up front on the grill that has kind of a little drop down in the plastic, the ACC module bracket is going to fit right there super nice, it's very hard to miss. The bracket has a curve on the bottom of it, and this is going to curve with this drop nicely.

2.) You will need to drill more holes in the plastic to get it to sit just right, but you had to for the other one as well. Difference with this is that the bracket will no longer have that mid support bar like it says in the direction, but I haven't had an issue with the ACC at all since I located it here in March of this year, and I don't expect issues.

3.) I know that you are supposed to get your ACC recalibrated, but I did not, and haven't had issues.

4.) If you have not already, highly suggest buying that black auto flex tubing and wrapping all the wiring in it, and then taking your time to make sure it is sealed up all the way down to the factory pigtail Y.

5.) Let me know if you have any questions and I can see what I can do to assist.
I ended up putting mine in the same place that you did the same reason, not enough wire.

I think my issue might be one of two things. First being it is slightly angled toward the passenger side, so it’s probably not mounted straight enough. Second being it might not be mounted close enough to the actual grille. I’m wondering if the radar is picking up the grille moving in front of the sensor.

I appreciate the input knowing the sensor will work in that placement. I think I’ll start with making it aimed more straight forward.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting mine in the same place that you did the same reason, not enough wire.

I think my issue might be one of two things. First being it is slightly angled toward the passenger side, so it’s probably not mounted straight enough. Second being it might not be mounted close enough to the actual grille. I’m wondering if the radar is picking up the grille moving in front of the sensor.

I appreciate the input knowing the sensor will work in that placement. I think I’ll start with making it aimed more straight forward.
Yeah that’s for sure a must. I didn’t do anything special for mine to line it up, just got lucky drilling lol

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for creating this thread and thanks to those that showed what they did. Mine definitely needs adjusting.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next person to do the install take some pictures for the rest of us! Waiting on my svc bumper to ship out.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 418378
View attachment 418379

We just installed the ADD bumper. We just extended the wiring and it made the install much easier. System works just like it did before.

Sam

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed this relocation bracket yesterday. Total pain in the ass and not nearly as solid or easy as the Gen 2. I could not attach the final support bracket. I think it was right behind the F and I wasn't trying to get my drill in there.

Just to be clear, because the directions were not, the drivers side shutters do not get reinstalled, correct? They were reinstalled on the G2, so I was bit surprised to not have room for them on the G3, and the directions made no mention.