Documentation for DIY Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another one for the FordPass app, but before I discovered that I always just had all the information in an excel doc that had oil info, part numbers, mileage, dates, filters. Whatever you do to document it is good enough in reality, anyone that’ll Haegle you about that if you ever sell it is just looking for a way to save a dollar or two

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For clarification, if truck is under warranty I can still do my own oil changes? Just need to be sure to document the dates, times, materials used and keep receipts as well as a pic or three? Thx. Oil change is due and it’s a new truck to me but under warranty so want to be sure to comply and not get VOIDED.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For clarification, if truck is under warranty I can still do my own oil changes? Just need to be sure to document the dates, times, materials used and keep receipts as well as a pic or three? Thx. Oil change is due and it’s a new truck to me but under warranty so want to be sure to comply and not get VOIDED.
Yes of course you can it is your truck. Recommend studying the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act. The burden is shared.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I normally would buy bulk oil and filters, but just to be safe with warranty when it's time for a change, I'll go down to advanced and get oil and filter, take a pic of the receipt for myself and also upload it to Ford pass app.

BalanBro

Reaction score
I put the info in my CarFax account Maintenance History
I do the same. I actually do this with all of our cars, so all the maintenance is in one place. You can upload all of your receipts, and it sends you email reminders for upcoming services. Very convenient, especially if you own several vehicles.