Votes: 111 89.5%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reasons for wearing the belt:
- If you are suicidal, there are better ways to arrange your own death.
- In a wreck it will minimize damage, minimize pain, shorten recovery, and enhance the prospects for a good life afterwards.
- In an emergency maneuver situation it will keep you planted in the seat, which will better enable you to maneuver out of it.
- The belt is cheaper than a ticket.
- The ticket may drive your auto insurance premium upward.
- There's nothing brave or macho about poor judgment.

Add to the list if you like.

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am one of thoes "idiots"

I used to wear my seatbelt all the time, but now when I at work in my work vehicle I have gotten in the habit of not wearing it as often. With all my equiptment (gunbelt), it is sometimes a hassel to put it on and off while working. (I get in and out of my vehicle a lot and have to respond quickly).

My rule of thumb is highways, high speed, or high traffic, I try to make sure my seat belt is on.

I am trying harder though to remember to wear it more often, but work sometimes set me further back than I want to be.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I am one of thoes "idiots"

I used to wear my seatbelt all the time, but now when I at work in my work vehicle I have gotten in the habit of not wearing it as often. With all my equiptment (gunbelt), it is sometimes a hassel to put it on and off while working. (I get in and out of my vehicle a lot and have to respond quickly).

My rule of thumb is highways, high speed, or high traffic, I try to make sure my seat belt is on.

I am trying harder though to remember to wear it more often, but work sometimes set me further back than I want to be.

Don't be THAT GUY!
Now when you get into your cruiser YOUR GOING TO THINK OF FRF and PUT IT ON! lol
You guys are the ones that should be setting the example for all of us, sure it's a hassel but I think it would be MORE of a hassel if you got injured for not having it on.
Just a thought.

I wear it ALL THE TIME and so do MY KIDS!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reasons for wearing the belt:
- If you are suicidal, there are better ways to arrange your own death.
- In a wreck it will minimize damage, minimize pain, shorten recovery, and enhance the prospects for a good life afterwards.
- In an emergency maneuver situation it will keep you planted in the seat, which will better enable you to maneuver out of it.
- The belt is cheaper than a ticket.
- The ticket may drive your auto insurance premium upward.
- There's nothing brave or macho about poor judgment.

Add to the list if you like.

Your kids are always watching you, monkey see, monkey do.
In my family the car doesn't start until the belts are buckled, and that has transferred down to my 24 and 20 year olds as well.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I feel loose in the truck without it
In addition to the other reasons, I can't stand the feeling of sliding around. The only time I don't wear it is moving the truck from the driveway to the street (when I cut the grass, wash the G8, etc).