do the factory spares have TPS in them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
raccol

raccol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OUCH!!! not sure what 'relatively inexpensively' means but just called a couple of tire shops and they said the sensors are $60 ea so with install and rebalancing we're looking at $75 ea.

So much for that idea!

modz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give Discount Tire Direct a call, I believe the ones I got from them were $30-35. Then pick up the sensor activation tool from eBay or Tire Rack for $25 or so.

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is on order so I can't look. Does the spare have the same raptor rim or is it one of the generic ugly ones? Just curious it would be nice to be able to rotate the spare in easily. if it is a raptor rim I would think it would have the tps.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
It's is the svt raptor wheel but it is black and it doesn't have the tpms

Why in the world would they make the spare wheel black? If it's the Raptor wheel, why didn't they match it with grey? I realize you can buy black Raptor wheels from Ford but stock wheels are grey. Are you telling me the spare wheel is the exact same as the black ones that Ford sells? If so, that's whack.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
Thanks...I never saw that thread....looks like if it doesn't have TPMS it has to be black. I'm wondering then if the 2012 spare will match the other 4 on the truck since they're black. Unless they have to paint the entire wheel black. Crazy stuff.