Do Stock Raptors Seem To Have Less Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello fellow fine Ford peeps!

Quick question as I am trying to decide which Flood Ford ESP plan to buy. I have a 2020 Scab, totally stock, and plan to leave it that way. My question is if you have, or have knowledge of, stock Raptors seemingly having less “issues” than modded Raptors?

Thank you for your time!

Stay safe!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
'issues' and 'modded' are too generic, as it really depends on the area with issues and the particular mod you do. And of course, the quality of mod products and the installer are going to be a factor as well.

I would say that in general, the type of issues tend to hear most commonly, like cam phasers or busted sunroof, are not items that people typically mod. If you got a tune for example, you may have more difficulty getting warranty support for a cam phaser issue.

OP
OP
RaptorPilot120
Reaction score
Good points.

I guess it comes down to whether I want to spend more money on the front end of the ESP and have a $0 deductible, thinking the truck might be in for a lot of issues. Or, spend less money on the front end and have a $200 deductible, but possibly spend a lot on deductibles if it has to go in for numerous things.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket parts in general are going to be less reliable than factory because they’re not tested together as a complete package to OEM standards. For example, pedal commander causing limp mode, aftermarket inner tie rods destroying steering gears, lifts changing driveline angles, etc.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne is absolutely correct. I've been on many, many runs and the more heavily modified the truck is, the more issues it has. There are a couple reasons for this:
  1. What @FordTechOne said, the parts don't go through the same testing battery that a billion dollar company like Ford can put them though. They don't test parts as a complete package. It just isn't feasible.
  2. People with modified trucks, generally push a little harder than stock. If you have more suspension, you can generally run a little faster, which puts more stress on parts.
That said, more suspension = more better. You just have to be ready to pay to play.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is stock other than Mid Perch setting on front shocks and NO PROBLEMS. 166,000 miles and counting

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket parts in general are going to be less reliable than factory because they’re not tested together as a complete package to OEM standards. For example, pedal commander causing limp mode, aftermarket inner tie rods destroying steering gears, lifts changing driveline angles, etc.

The inner tie rod end isn't saving the rack from anything...lol