Do Gen 1's fit in car washes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeSL

Reaction score
I have found very few drive through car washes that my Gen 1. 7 1/2 inches wider than regular F150. First time i tried one, (was in a rush to clean it) got it stuck in the drive through when the wheel cleaner extended, it broke the car wash. they had to call the maintenance guy to get me out. I agree with Swacer on the auto washes.

PvtJoker

Reaction score
I have not personally ran mine through one but my brother has a GEN 2 2019 and he runs his through the Costco car wash in Franklin TN

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Touchless suck if you expect clean.
My gen2 fits but both The 17 I had and now the 19, suffered paint scrape the one dumb time I did it. It fit fine. But somehow the brushes or those dirty shammies whipped a chunk of paint out of the hood.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of the ones around me take my Gen 2 easily. I think most new ones will. The newest one (Dawsonville) is very wide with a conveyor belt instead of a track that your tire fits in. It even has ceramic spray on coating.

D

Deleted member 12951

RTFM on the GEN1 and GEN2. Both state you should not run them through an automated car wash. Do so at your own risk.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is true because of the track and body width. There is always a risk of damage at a traditional drive though with any car/truck and it is increased because of the width.

I am all for hand washing but when its close to or below freezing sometimes its the only option Proceed with Caution.