Do Gen 1's fit in car washes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

That is true because of the track and body width. There is always a risk of damage at a traditional drive though with any car/truck and it is increased because of the width.

I am all for hand washing but when its close to or below freezing sometimes its the only option Proceed with Caution.
Or not wash it at all. Haven’t washed mine for over 2 months. But understand the salt that is up North where you are.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 2 fits in MOST car washes in the Portland, ME area I like the one on 302 in Windham that is a newer car wash. They have self service bays, a touchless bay and an automated bay.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Gen 2 fits in MOST car washes in the Portland, ME area I like the one on 302 in Windham that is a newer car wash. They have self service bays, a touchless bay and an automated bay.

I'll check it out this Friday. Thanks

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The car wash type you drive onto a conveyer and it pulls you through, my gen 1 freaked out and or the machine didn’t like the width or something but the truck got “stuck”. It took a minute for the crew to see the problem and in the meantime the big roller brushes just sat there and beat the hell out of the truck. Then they shut the machines down. Pretty sure they threw a bucket of dirt on the brushes to lube them up And turned them back on, then had me put the truck in drive and continue out of the wash against the conveyers will. When I exited the whole truck had 10 million tiny scratches....

soo bottom line I will not trust any wash other than my own hand ever again. Sorry high school band fundraiser car wash at the Taco Bell not gonna happen. Lol

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The car wash type you drive onto a conveyer and it pulls you through, my gen 1 freaked out and or the machine didn’t like the width or something but the truck got “stuck”. It took a minute for the crew to see the problem and in the meantime the big roller brushes just sat there and beat the hell out of the truck. Then they shut the machines down. Pretty sure they threw a bucket of dirt on the brushes to lube them up And turned them back on, then had me put the truck in drive and continue out of the wash against the conveyers will. When I exited the whole truck had 10 million tiny scratches....

soo bottom line I will not trust any wash other than my own hand ever again. Sorry high school band fundraiser car wash at the Taco Bell not gonna happen. Lol

I just spit up my drink! LOL

fitzmotor

Reaction score
I have had to back out of one, drive over the rails in another and the last one, I fit in it, but the tire dressing brushes at the end mashed into the right tires so hard it was dripping off the tires and flung all over the right side of the truck like I ran through a puddle of it.
I'm still looking for one that I can fit in, but now I bring a tape measure to check first and it does have stock wheels.