Do any bolt on bumpers actually increase approach angle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
After battling it out with Ford warranty on my gt350, I'm not ready to mess with the intercooler relocation of a frame cut bumper. Don't get me started on the Magnuson act.

Do any bolt on bumpers actually increase approach angle? Just going for more clearance and don't care about looks.

KRoyal

Reaction score
The ICON increases approach angle but won’t be near as much as the frame cut bumpers. I just ordered the ICON last night.

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the SVC Baja bolt on increase approach angle? Thanks
Pretty much any of these bolt on options will improve angles slightly, however; they won’t be as good as a frame cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADvelociRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did an ADD pro bolt on and it definitely increased approach angle slightly. its fine for a weekend warrior but definitely not enough for someone looking to go do some serious trails for sure.

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the frame cut bumper on for about 1.5 years now, taken the truck to do some warranty work on the motor a few times with no issues. I highly recommend the frame cut. I had a bolt on bumper on my last gen2, took it out to Pismo and smashed the bumper/intercooler/etc LOL