DMH Cutout - Double WOW!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SCelbs,

I had to give them a call too... when the owner answered the phone and checked into my order, he seemed to be embarassed that it got overlooked. Apparently, if you place an order online from their website, they don't check that order page too often.

Anyway, once I called, they overnighted my order immediately.

Give them a call... they'll make it right.

I called. Great guys there.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do this, but do you think this may void the warranty in any way?

what size did you get. they list -- sizes are available in 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 amd 4.0 inch diameter flowtech units.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 inch is the size of the stock pipe.

Did not void any warranties for me and ive had my car at ford a few times. They did not even say anything about it.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best mod out there for 200 bucks!!! Its hard for people to believe how good this thing sounds with it but once people get one for the truck i don't seem them every going back. FYI I've got the oval 3" and like it better than the y-pipe for people looking at getting one.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still call your dealership to confirm cause not every dealership thinks the same way.

There is absolutely no way for a properly installed cutout to affect the truck in any way that would negate your warranty.

There are only two ways to intall it incorrectly that could negate/void the warranty... 1) Install it between the cats and the headers (that will mess up the O2 sensors), and 2) install it in such a way that the hot gases are melting something important like wiring or your floorboard.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way for a properly installed cutout to affect the truck in any way that would negate your warranty.

There are only two ways to intall it incorrectly that could negate/void the warranty... 1) Install it between the cats and the headers (that will mess up the O2 sensors), and 2) install it in such a way that the hot gases are melting something important like wiring or your floorboard.

I understand what your saying but some dealerships just don't give a crap. Once you touch (modify) the exhaust system your on your own. Just suggesting to him to call his dealership and confirm that they are ok with it.
I'd hate for him to go and do this then finding out down the road Ooops sorry, can't help ya.
Doesn't hurt to ask. JMO

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more note about the cutout...

I had the resonator removed and the DMH Y-Pipe was a near perfect fit. The installer simply cut two small 2" pieces of 3" pipe, cut them through the side to "sleeve" them around the OEM pipe and DMH Y-Pipe, then welded in place.

With the DMH cutout closed and even when running open... I have absolutely NO drone!

I've read reports about drone with a resonator delete and even with installation of other aftermarket exhausts... I wonder if some of these people actually know what drone is? True "Drone" is a harmonic wavelength of sound that most people find uncomfortable to listen to... do NOT confuse this with simple increase in decible auditory loudness.

My truck is loud as hell now with the cutout wide open, but I have NO drone. :)