GEN 2 DIY way to increase base in stock 802A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha been so long ago forgot I posted this till someone liked it. I may have upgraded a bit since then. Upgraded stereo the right way is no comparison to factory. It did seem to clean up a bit of the bass after wrapping the stock box.
upgraded just a little......

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! I am glad that this thread popped up! I would love to sound proof the entire cab, but would definitely need advice... I am definitely buying the material. @The Car Stereo Company, which product would you recommend and how much would I need. Also, when can you hop on a plane and help me out with it? :bowroflwerd6:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I am glad that this thread popped up! I would love to sound proof the entire cab, but would definitely need advice... I am definitely buying the material. @The Car Stereo Company, which product would you recommend and how much would I need. Also, when can you hop on a plane and help me out with it? :bowroflwerd6:
text me (831) 254-7562 and i can send you pictures. i can be there monday if you really want......

Asinine

Reaction score
This is one of the first mods I did because I already had some mat and fill lying around. Very noticeable improvement, more than I expected.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one of the first mods I did because I already had some mat and fill lying around. Very noticeable improvement, more than I expected.
I just completed this one. There is definitely a difference - it IS noticeable. I was very sceptical and did it out of curiousity since the weather is great here today. More punch like mentioned above. I would recommend. Worth $20 and an hour of time.

F0FB84B6-644E-460B-B1F5-E14EAFF7DE2D.jpeg

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Waiting on the Amazon truck for this Project today.

is there a thread on the center speaker mod? I’ve found videos on YouTube taking the speaker out, but nothing on what to apply the Dynamat too.

anyone catch the 5 part video on the Gen2 stereo build from Nashville? Damn, that’s impressive. Had to be Big $$$.

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also did this today and it’s a night and day difference in bass after wrapping the box. Super simple to do as well.

Spdrcrj

Reaction score
Love that this thread is active and popped up. Ordering dynamat now and will do it this weekend. Thank you all for posting this.