DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need the crossover in a B&O, maybe with the Sony. In the B&O, the tweeters come directly off the amp with their own sognal, not split/crossed over with the mid-bass 6x9 in the door.

Its a Sony system in my 2017 Raptor

With b&o, the tweeters come from the headunit not the amp. Use the provided crossovers inline with each tweeter. There is a cubby below each a-pillar for the crossover.

To my knowledge and online search, amp feed is needed for the crossovers.
I'm trying to minimize the work needed in installing those, not even wanna bother with wiring tweeters to the cross overs if that is possible.

Thanks Guys

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a Sony system in my 2017 Raptor

To my knowledge and online search, amp feed is needed for the crossovers.
I'm trying to minimize the work needed in installing those, not even wanna bother with wiring tweeters to the cross overs if that is possible.

Thanks Guys

Sony you can wire straight to tweeters.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read through this once yes all 50 pages and think I have a handle on everything.... except one thing .., I have the b@o system so I’m replacing sub with pioneer and going with kenwood amp. I get I’m using the stock sub wires to signal the amp on and running power from the battery .... but am I just cutting the stock harness with 4 wires coming from factory amp then how do I wire that into the new amp?

If anybody can color code the wires on what goes where on how I wire them into rca inputs or whatever the hell I am supposed do haha

Thanks guys

Mperezkr

Reaction score
A good set of components to replace the midbass in the door and tweeter in the a-pillar. Don’t put coax, two way, three way, etc in the door. Replacing the stock speakers with good components will make a drastic difference. Output won’t change a whole lot but sound quality will.

So what speaker do you recommend for just replacing the front door speakers on a b&o? Thanks in advance.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
so without sCRAPing the whole B&O system is there a way to get more power or sound to the rear speakers...for under $500.00?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well, there’s a Forscan mod to create a flat signal / voltage to the speakers, I believe the doc / link was for a Sony system last I looked and, I don’t know anyone on FRF who’s done it. There’s still cutting needed once you have the mod done via computer.

Aside from that - I think the B&O requires a DSP to get a less muddy and more even distribution. B&O is just a pricier system to upgrade.

Under $500? not sure. Under $1000 I think would be realistic.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what speaker do you recommend for just replacing the front door speakers on a b&o? Thanks in advance.

The Morel Tempo Ultra is my favorite speaker for value and performance. They sound phenomenal on stock power. The Morel Maximo are also a phenomenal vale for their price.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so without sCRAPing the whole B&O system is there a way to get more power or sound to the rear speakers...for under $500.00?

First question would be why you want more output out of the rear speakers? Music is record in stereo left and right. Not front and rear.

If you want more output, you need to focus on your front stage by simply upgrading the front speakers with a quality set of components. A quality set like Morel or JL etc. You also need to invest in quality acoustical treatment inside your doors. Your door panels are already off. There should be no reason why you are not laying cld and acoustical foam. It’s crucial.

There is no modification or forscan setting that will give you more output. A quality speaker upgrade will give you more output.