DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$280 on crutchfield

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210TU602IN/Morel-Tempo-Ultra-602-Integra.htm

Unless you're talking about the ones with the crossovers, if so, is there any others you recommend that are "plug and play"?

You need components in the front. Not coax. Tweeters in a-pillars, midbass in the door. For your application, you wire in your crossovers in-line with your tweeter. The crossover will sit in a little cubby just below each a-pillar. No system is going to be plug and play but it doesn’t need to be. Installing components is very easy.

evan9r

Reaction score
I second the Morel Maximo recommendation. I love mine. I started off with the 692 in the front and after a month I decided to give the 6.5" components a try. Not a huge difference to me either way. I still have the 692s if anyone is interested.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do,you prefer the 6.5. Wouldn't the 6x9" produce more sound?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do,you prefer the 6.5. Wouldn't the 6x9" produce more sound?

No. Think about ultra high end components. Those companies don’t offer 6x9’s in the their lineups. There is really no true benefit to going 6x9.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The morel seem impressive, but looks like the tweeter would be hard to mount. Will they actually fit?