How To DIY Painted Edges on Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Idt it'd be realistic to pull it out. Some of the edges are so tight that once you put something in there, it's not coming out. Only benefit would be if it got on the exposed side of the lens. I had a few runs but as long as you wipe them right away they're no problem.

I'll have to pull mine off this week and take a look at them.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it might cover better. I used touch up paint and it didn't cover to well on the edges so I taped it off and hit it with some black spray paint.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this in a color like Sterling Gray to try and pull in the bumper/flare color or has everyone just done black?

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Baja, the "glue" isn't even enough to do that. You would not end up with a nice straight line.

At least my '10's tail light glue is lumpy and sloppy.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine came out great but I painted on the outside versus the backside. I did use touch up paint and taped it off as well. I wanted to use touch up paint bc I've noticed the touch up paint tends to come out more glossy. I did the high gloss in efforts to make the touch up paint blend well with the gloss of the plastic lense
2a6ene2y.jpg

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Baja, the "glue" isn't even enough to do that. You would not end up with a nice straight line.

At least my '10's tail light glue is lumpy and sloppy.

On F150online, I saw some photos from a couple people who used color and they looked good. I just haven't seen any done in Sterling Gray.