How To DIY Painted Edges on Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^haha, when I received his pm I was like damn, I sent him one 2-3 months back! Haha. Nice to see ya drop in Reptar! This little mod is great if you like the stock tails like myself.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy chit Reptar, where ya been?

Chained to the house on house projects, then trapped under the hood of several Lightnings :laughing1: Last time I logged on was May, right after my honeymoon lol. After that nice vacation it was back to the grind. Built a deck, built a patio, put in french doors, I'll have to post some pics of the stuff I've hauled with the Raptor. Definitely got a good workout! lol

Then once that was done I've been tied up with hooptie projects. I bought a DSG 03 Lightning with a blown motor. Yanked the motor out, had it powdercoated, and made an engine block coffee table from it. Pulled the stock motor from my buddy's blue 03 Lightning, and put it in my DSG 03 L, and sold my L to a guy in CT. Used some profit from that sale to buy a roush exhaust for my Raptor :D. Then past few weeks been spending my spare time helping the guy I pulled the stock motor from his blue L, to put a full built motor, exhaust, and fuel system into his truck. All the while also getting my HD truck ready for a fall track rental.

Long story short, too many toys, so they have to take turns which one gets the attention lol. Raptor has been working hard the past 6 months, so time for it to get a little TLC and a few mods! Roush exhaust done, Ducati lights in the works, painted tails going to get done ASAP thanks to this thread, and a perch mod this weekend at the Krazy House Customs Open House!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One word, "Dang!" kinda Sounds like my schedule when I was two handed. Haha! Having fun at least and u still managed to grab u some Raptor goodies! Congrats and welcome aboard now???? LoL

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got them done. you really need the syringe. It took 3 good coats, so take your time as it was not a one day how to for me... Thanks for the tips.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can't get a brush in all the way on the side of the taillight that is against the tailgate. And even on the other edges, the syringe makes it cake to squirt a line of paint in there, then just spread it around with a brush. Rather than trying to get the paint into that tiny gap paintbrush by paintbrush.

Did mine last week. Turned out great. I'll post pics up.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
used a dental syringe my wife had from getting her wisdom teeth pulled, just had to cut a tiny bit off the end to suck the paint up easier, and used testors model paint. Used 2-1/2 jars. Whopping $3 mod! lol

Attachments

• Tails-14.jpg
    Tails-14.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 173

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll add this to my to do list. Is the paint too thick to suck up in a syringe used for allergy shots? The needle is very small.