DIY Axe / Shovel Bak Flip under-mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ agree. Cool mod.

Regarding your spare tire, looks like a road tire. Different than what you had in one of the other photos.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

I needed the extra room for camping equipment and gear at HAVOC, so I threw a full sized F-150 spare back there and kept the stock one underneath.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Here's a tip: secure your fire extinguisher before flogging the beast.:driver:

IMAG1316_zpsa162b868.jpg

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the weight of the axe/shovel? Any fears during airborne operations?

I wish I was driving right now.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's creative. After carrying a "short shovel" like that one and then using it (once), I realized that a truck like the Raptor needs a long handled, full-size shovel. If handle length is an issue a wood handled shovel could be cut down but I carry a composite long handle shovel because the only thing worse than a short shovel is a heavy shovel (or no shovel at all).

You'll appreciate having a long handled shovel especially if you have to dig your Raptor out of the sand, right Brian? :Insane:

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the weight of the axe/shovel? Any fears during airborne operations?

I wish I was driving right now.

Together they weigh around 8 lbs. No worries at all, the rack has some give. There are rubber washers / spacers / bushings between the rack and the underside of the cover. As well as the rubber quick fist themselves. The system survived Havoc, for the most part.