Dissecting an Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’m one of those jackasses who spent $80 (on sale) on an Autostop Eliminator...or am I? Yes, I tried forscan but didn’t like the way it adjusts the whole BMS system vs just A.S.S. so I sprung the money.

Anywho, in case you’re wondering...I removed the cover and this is what it looks like on the inside. Definitely a smidge more advance than a simple jumper cable or similar idea. While I still think the $100 asking price is highway robbery ($50 would be more fair to me), the tech in this little gadget does make me a little more content with the purchase.

Out of curiosity, can anyone familiar with circuitry tell what’s going on here and share with the class?

View attachment 142480

View attachment 142481

View attachment 142482

How hard is it to pop the top of the dash open to install the pigtail?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is easy to pop the dash panel, they have a Youtube Video on how to do it

I bought a cheap set of plastic Tools that were designed to work with interior trim and also the exterior trim from Harbor Freight. Put some tape down to protect from making any marks and your all set. I think the kit was $15.00

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to pop the top of the dash open to install the pigtail?
Simple, pull up on the tray that houses your center dash speaker or preferably use plastic pry tools. It’s just held in with clips. You only need to pop the front off to access two bolts, I think they were 7mm. Unscrew those and then the whole face of your sync system can be pulled towards the rear of the vehicle to pop off.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I unplugged under the dash before i left dealership for 1st ride home. When i install Cobb Tune soon I will disable it there and plug plug back in.

Reaction score
I don’t care what it cost. Installed same type thing on my 911. I hate auto stop start. Love it on my Raptor. As for pedal commander, that was waste of dough. It sits in my closet somewhere.

If it's just sitting in a closet.... I could clear up some space for you if you don't want it :)