Dissecting an Autostop Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m one of those jackasses who spent $80 (on sale) on an Autostop Eliminator...or am I? Yes, I tried forscan but didn’t like the way it adjusts the whole BMS system vs just A.S.S. so I sprung the money.

Anywho, in case you’re wondering...I removed the cover and this is what it looks like on the inside. Definitely a smidge more advance than a simple jumper cable or similar idea. While I still think the $100 asking price is highway robbery ($50 would be more fair to me), the tech in this little gadget does make me a little more content with the purchase.

Out of curiosity, can anyone familiar with circuitry tell what’s going on here and share with the class?

FA0D95D6-D2BD-46F9-80B8-D19FBA174881.jpeg

9B9AAF6B-F0E9-40B2-B12E-2C10A0E2912F.jpeg

D7A1AA8E-8E70-451A-9DB2-228D83DE1852.jpeg

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
$100 seems reasonable for that to me. It's not the parts cost but the development cost and a likely fairly limited market. Yeah there's a ton of F-150s, but most people aren't going to pull their dash apart for installation.

The pedal commander on the other hand...

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for supporting China!
You’re using the internet right now...99% of every component and system that goes into that glorious thing granting you unlimited, instantaneous access to mail order brides, Raptor ****, and regular **** comes from China. /endpointlesspoliticaldebate

D

Deleted member 12951

It's on their website in the FAQ

I'D EXPECT THE DEVICE TO COST LESS. WHAT'S DRIVING THE PRICE?

We chose a solid-state, battery-free, microprocessor-based design built with automotive and military grade components which provide a no-compromise SOLUTION that won't damage your vehicle.

The device is designed and manufactured in the USA. Every component that's available in the USA is bought in the USA. Even our circuit boards are manufactured and populated in the USA. We support our country even if it costs a little more.

The device is also Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant. This is a great directive that helps protect our health and the environment by ensuring compliant electronic devices meet very strict harmful substance guidelines. In spite of the cost, we only consider RoHS compliant components for our devices.

A single F-150 Auto Start-Stop switch assembly male pigtail connector from Ford costs around $40. That's $40 for just one plug. Each Autostop Eliminator uses this connector as well as the female variant so that it can attach to the harness or switch with no modifications. We feel that having an installation that's easy, reliable, and 100% reversible is worth every penny.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it pained you to spend $80, should have just pulled the plug in under the steering wheel. Takes 2 seconds, is reversible and free!

I've been auto-stop free for 3 years

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it pained you to spend $80, should have just pulled the plug in under the steering wheel. Takes 2 seconds, is reversible and free!

I've been auto-stop free for 3 years
I am okay with the $80 because I wanted to retain on/off functionality of the button...which you don’t get with forscan, unplugging under steering wheel, or plugging into the trailer plug. I know a lot of people thought it was a rip-off for what you get, but actually opening it up and realizing the circuitry and OEM grade quality it’s much more fair in my opinion.