Differential Service.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@farman, thats exactly what mine looked like a few weeks ago and mine hasn't been in deep water. The vent is up by the brake booster so it is not likely that water came in through there (at least thats where I traced it to on my '13).

The picture is from when the oil spilled on the rack as it rapidly flowed from the fill hole when opened. I used a pump to suck out the old fluid and added friction modifier and fluid using the same pump. A little messy, but it was nice not taking the diff cover off.

(I guess it looks a little different than yours with the pictures side by side and the fact that it is on the red rack vs in a plastic container)

Ok thanks that makes me feel a little better. One other question what kind of friction modifier did you use, the full synthetic oil I used and others that I looked at said they had a friction modifier in them and would work in a limited slip, do I still have to add a separate modifier in my 2012.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my front diff oil, I know everyone says it looked milky when they changed it but I thought it would look grey or silver like in the OP's pic not brown, is this normal or a result of me going through some deep water. Which makes me ask, does anybody know how high up the front diff vent tube is located.thanks

That's what mine looked like too when I drained the factory fluid last week.