Did I make a $42.5k mistake??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blackraptor

Reaction score
Well guys, I have stewed on it overnight and came to the conclusion that I got an, let's say, ok deal. Not good and not too bad. Right in the middle. The Jeep I traded was an 04 rubi w/ a 6.5" RE lift and a bunch of other crap on it. Invested over 15K into it and realized at time to sell that I was not going to recover my money on it. They gave me 2k over KBB clean trade.

I also put 4.2k cash down on the truck that I recovered from a deal I made on a trade for my 4 wheeler that was valued at 3.1k for a truck that I sold for the 4.2k.

So, not too bad of a deal after all. It was the only used Raptor in a 3 state area.

For those that asked about the engine size, it is a 6.2l. This f*c*er is wicked! Pinned the throttle and watched the faces of my riders drop like the fuel guage. Gonna hafta get me one of those hurricane intake dohickeys to help consumption. LOL. Love the exhaust sound, too.

Who all here has used the Hennessey intake and programmer, what are your thoughts and will it void the warranty? Are you really gaining MPG?

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Well guys, I have stewed on it overnight and came to the conclusion that I got an, let's say, ok deal. Not good and not too bad. Right in the middle. The Jeep I traded was an 04 rubi w/ a 6.5" RE lift and a bunch of other crap on it. Invested over 15K into it and realized at time to sell that I was not going to recover my money on it. They gave me 2k over KBB clean trade.

I also put 4.2k cash down on the truck that I recovered from a deal I made on a trade for my 4 wheeler that was valued at 3.1k for a truck that I sold for the 4.2k.

So, not too bad of a deal after all. It was the only used Raptor in a 3 state area.

For those that asked about the engine size, it is a 6.2l. This f*c*er is wicked! Pinned the throttle and watched the faces of my riders drop like the fuel guage. Gonna hafta get me one of those hurricane intake dohickeys to help consumption. LOL. Love the exhaust sound, too.

Who all here has used the Hennessey intake and programmer, what are your thoughts and will it void the warranty? Are you really gaining MPG?

I think in the next few weeks of driving it - you'll grow to love it and lose all those 'buyer remorse' reservations. It's a hell of a machine, and once you get used to it - going out to the store for mundane little things will all of a sudden become a pleasure.

I paid 58,700 for mine, because, here in Canada, we just have stupid prices on stuff. I had my heart set on a Softail 'Bones' edition, but pulled the trigger on a Raptor instead. Since I hacked off the exhaust and had the Magnapack installed - now I sorta got both :)

Edit: - Oh yeah - in case you haven't read enough on the forum - don't bother editing your words... "This ****** is Wicked!"

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
After reading some of your posts, I wonder if I got a good deal or not. I purchased a 10 Raptor w/ 13k mi. Seems to be loaded with all but remote start and 6 disc changer. Does have sync, sony system, navigation, sliding rear window, moon roof, luxury pkg., rear step, back up camera. Did I make the wrong decision? Still can take this thing back tomorrow if I am not happy. Let me know what you think. Traded a 04 Jeep Rubicon and got 14k for it.

First off, ALWAYS work a deal with NO TRADE involved. If you do your reserch and know what your trade is worth, I mean really worth, not what you may feel its worth but hard trade numbers for your area, then if the dealer gets you a decent price and low balls the trade you can always take it to CAR MAX and sell it or make the dealer MATCH CAR MAX's offer anyway.

That said, I got a loaded SCREW - Extender for $49275. Sticker was $52,000.
So No you can't get one much cheaper, Ask Harley....

BDRAG