Device for cruise control/auto steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

quick question...im assuming all of our trucks have the auto steering feature...well...my buddy has a tesla and has this thing he puts on his steering wheel that is a weight and allows the wheel to auto steer without having the 15 seconds thing happen.

Does ford have one of these by chance for those long boring drives that are straight for the most part?

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People just use 10lb ankle weights from what i've read. I'm probably going to give it a try but even just keeping your hands on the steering wheel i felt like it took half of pressure on a 1500 mile recent trip to Utah and back to socal

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck when Darwin calls. Dumbest idea ever. I would not trust any of those systems. Do us all a favor and DRIVE YOUR TRUCK / CAR.
i think/hope OP intends to help prevent the truck from yelling at you about not having hands on the wheel when you already do. I dont use mine bc its annoying AF. but yes, folks dont be tards

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People just use 10lb ankle weights from what i've read. I'm probably going to give it a try but even just keeping your hands on the steering wheel i felt like it took half of pressure on a 1500 mile recent trip to Utah and back to socal
10lb is way too much. I have a 3lb weight that's probably 2lb to heavy considering how hard it will turn the steering wheel if lane keep turns off.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
seems like you’re taking this as if I’d use it while I’m passed out in the driver seat.
No. Consider this: If you get in any kind of accident with a weight on your steering wheel, LE will determine that you are at fault. Your insurance company will take note, and so will the other party's attorney. And if you get pulled over for any reason and that thing is on your steering wheel, you will be cited and you will probably be asked to step out of the vehicle so that they can examine what you've done and photograph it for evidence. It'll be a citation you can't beat. These outcomes are, of course, easily avoidable.