Decisions for new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5k on the Alcantara and you can't tell they've been used. People who compare the Raptor Recaro to something they've seen in other "cars" have no idea what they are talking about. Not all Alcantara is created the same and it appears that the Alcantara in the Raptor is a super tightly wound version....not at all the velvety type stuff in most sport cars. I've off roaded them got em dirty and they clean right up. The rest of the seat is leather and the combo is simply amazing. If you hate the look don't get em...if you do then you should definitely get them. As for comfort...let your butt decide but I think you'll find Recaro is just as comfy if not more so but I agree it's personal preference. There's something to be said for the cooler nature of Alcatara in hot sun but both are air conditioned so not much difference in reality. The grippiness is noticeable at certain times when off roading but mostly you don't notice it.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Op here is what it boils down to

You have people here that have it and love it

You have people that have never had it, or sat in it once, and say they can live with out it

I have lived with both (my 2017 and now my 19)
Was it worth it for me to find them when I was upgrading? 100% yes. Gives just enough refinement in the interior to make it feel different. The seats are flat out comfortable and look awesome (plus the carbon and the interior pieces that are plastic are now metal)

That being said if this were my first raptor and I had a great deal that was going to get me in one but didn’t have them... well you can’t miss what you never had. They are much more rare so you may be hard pressed to find another deal like that. Maybe not

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9000 miles / 6 months in with the Recaros; No complaints. Just happy. Comfortable in 10 minute drives and 10 hour drives and they still look great.
Had a very picky Ram owner in the truck last week - he said if he could have got my interior on a regular F-150 he wouldn't have got a Ram.
I considered that a compliment.

OP
OP
Robert Wright

Robert Wright

Reaction score
You guys in this forum are flat out awesome. I don't know of many forums including the Hummer forum (which I have been a member of since 2007) that people really cared enough to reply with their personal experiences. I am definitely still in the hunt for a Perf. blue with recaros and beadlocks. I can tell you when I bought my Hummer I regretted not getting the Lux package and for the amount of money I am going to spend on this Raptor I don't wont to have any regrets of not getting a package that is not a very costly upgrade considering what comes with it.

From the previous posts it appears that the alcantra is durable and easy to clean so that is reassuring as I will be offroading this vehicle.

Robert

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys in this forum are flat out awesome. I don't know of many forums including the Hummer forum (which I have been a member of since 2007) that people really cared enough to reply with their personal experiences. I am definitely still in the hunt for a Perf. blue with recaros and beadlocks. I can tell you when I bought my Hummer I regretted not getting the Lux package and for the amount of money I am going to spend on this Raptor I don't wont to have any regrets of not getting a package that is not a very costly upgrade considering what comes with it.

From the previous posts it appears that the alcantra is durable and easy to clean so that is reassuring as I will be offroading this vehicle.

Robert

I think you are making the right call. You will never think what if after you get it

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9000 miles / 6 months in with the Recaros; No complaints. Just happy. Comfortable in 10 minute drives and 10 hour drives and they still look great.
Had a very picky Ram owner in the truck last week - he said if he could have got my interior on a regular F-150 he wouldn't have got a Ram.
I considered that a compliment.

He must not have a new one then.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 802a plus blue accent package. And those seats are incredibly comfortable and I have yet to turn off the heated / cooled seats. Turn up turn down yes, off no. A true wonder at 98^at 100 % humidity and your butt is air conditioned cooolll.works for me But like another poster said you don’t miss what you never experienced. best luck with your decision

BigRick73

Reaction score
Agree the Recaros are awesome looking and I was disappointed that they aren’t made for Big Guys. I’m 6’8” 305# and they are too narrow. I ordered my 2019 SCAB and left them off the order sheet because they didn’t work for me. So unless you are Big, go for it!