Decisions for new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Wright

Reaction score
I would like to say that this forum has been extremely helpful in with all the resources for what to expect with a new Raptor purchase. Enough so that I am close to pulling a trigger on a new 2019 that has been discounted by 7300 after dealer add on (alarm tint!etc). Based on research here on forum that seems to be a good discount for the vehicle. The only thing I don’t really care about are the graphics package but with the discount it still makes the price very enticing. MSRP 76050 -discount price before taxes =68623.

So here is my dilemma. The only package not on the raptor is the blue accent Recaro seat.
I know owners have posted about their positive experiences with these seats. That being said I would be hard pressed to find a great discount on a raptor with the recaro seat option with perf Blu and Beadlocks.

Of course I Could custom order a 2020 model if I found a dealer that give me close to invoice.

However those of you that have the regular seats what has been your experience (I know the 2019 seats have the cloth inserts on the bolsters and cushions). I just wasn’t sure if the durability or comfort is a factor.

So I guess it all comes down to either finding the packages I was looking for and probably foregoing the price discount or sticking the with the offer that I was given. I realize the seats should not be a big factor but at the investment you make on the vehicle you might as well be picky.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me a while to find a fully loaded (minus tickers) perf blue with recaro at a good discount. I ended up finding a demo at almost 8k off. I would say the recaros are awesome and that if you truly want them wait a bit longer
The blue interior package really changed the interior (I had a 2017) and rally gives a unique feel to the truck

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a new well optioned 801a truck that stickered for $66.8k & wound up getting down to $59.5k w/ the dealer throwing in tonneau cover & $1000 “credit” toward extended warranty which ran me another $675, so just over $60k + ttl......I like the regular seats fine they have good lumbar & plenty of adjustability, are more comfy/better quality than the seats in the 2015 GMC Sierra SLT seats I came from....& they do have “raptor” Stitched into the backs so they’re a little different than standard F150 seats.

All that being said if I was Going to be spending an additional $8500 I would definitely make sure I was getting the recaros.

I had bed graphics on mine- hate the look & also hate that $1100 addition to the msrp despite having them removed prior to even taking delivery of it lol!! A lot of dealers order w/ the stickers as I’m positive it’s probably one of if not the most lucrative item on the truck for both Ford & the dealer in terms of margin/markup.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2018, Recaro’s were not an option. I just did Raptor Assault and spent a day in a 2019 with Recaro’s. I do like the way they look. They do feel somewhat narrow compared to standard seats. I’m 6’4” and weigh 240 lbs. Some members have raised questions about how well they wear and keeping them clean. In the end it’s not that big a deal and the truck you’re looking at sounds like a great deal. The carbon can be added aftermarket. If you like the great deal, buy the great deal.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have 2018, Recaro’s were not an option. I just did Raptor Assault and spent a day in a 2019 with Recaro’s. I do like the way they look. They do feel somewhat narrow compared to standard seats. I’m 6’4” and weigh 240 lbs. Some members have raised questions about how well they wear and keeping them clean. In the end it’s not that big a deal and the truck you’re looking at sounds like a great deal. The carbon can be added aftermarket. If you like great deal, buy the great deal.

Agree, I’m 5’ 10” 185 and they grab my sides, they might be too skinny for bigger boys. That being said they are quite different and I want them in my next truck now.( WITH seat covers)

Airkuhl

Reaction score
Buy once cry once.

You'll forget that extra couple of % in price the day after you get your truck, but you'll wonder whether you should have gotten the seats the whole time you own it.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got to see the Recaros in person and they are much nicer in the flesh. Seats seem very narrow and deeper when compared to the base seat. Big guys will flatten the bolsters out over time. So if you have them and you have friends that are big you will need to make them sit the back. :)

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to special order to get a velocity blue/Recaro 802a technology Raptor. IMHO velocity blue is the sh&t...that said I really appreciate the uniqueness of the Recaro seats and how it stand out from the rest of the pack. Amazingly comfortable and really sets off the interior. Wasn't sure a blue truck with blue interior would look good but now that I have it I'd never do anything else. Perfect combo...again IMHO. The "worth it" part of the question is a different story that only you can answer. Not sure what the recaros will do for resale. I assume increase for those that like it but not for those who don't. My 19 so far has been a dream truck that I would buy again and again. BTW...don't listen to the idiots who don't the alcantara recaro seats in our Raptors. The material is VERY tightly wound and so far hasn't shown any wear. Cleaning is a breeze and based on experience they will wear every bit as well as the stock leather.

OP
OP
Robert Wright

Robert Wright

Reaction score
This is great info. It is hard to pass on a fully loaded Raptor with 7300 off MSRP.

The recaros including beadlocks and tech package without stickers comes in about 74000 and invoice I am estimating 69000. So hopefully I can find a dealer that will discount close to that or just go with vehicle above.

The only turn off on stock seat was the fabric inserts.

If not order 2020 at invoice with those options at a willing dealer. Definitely not where I am at as dealers just now starting to sell 2 019 at MSRp. The reason I am searching across the country.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great info. It is hard to pass on a fully loaded Raptor with 7300 off MSRP.

The recaros including beadlocks and tech package without stickers comes in about 74000 and invoice I am estimating 69000. So hopefully I can find a dealer that will discount close to that or just go with vehicle above.

The only turn off on stock seat was the fabric inserts.

If not order 2020 at invoice with those options at a willing dealer. Definitely not where I am at as dealers just now starting to sell 2 019 at MSRp. The reason I am searching across the country.

Recaros are hard to find... but worth it. Really makes the interior feel “Raptor special”.

Have you considered a used 2019... with Recaros of course.