Decisions for new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a fully loaded 19 without the Recaros and was very impressed with comfort with the standard seats.
Looked at Raptor with recaros but didnt sit in it, love the look but I wouldnt recommend it if you are a big person or are hard on seats getting in and out.

Ive had several Porsches with Alcantara seats and the show more wear than leather does.. if you buy a Raptor with them Id get covers or put a towel on the drivers seat.

OP
OP
Robert Wright

Robert Wright

Reaction score
So this is where the dilemma is recaro with Alcatra durability comfort, and maintenance. I have an 05 Hummer H2 with leather that is still in good condition (135000 miles). I use a leather conditioner every 3 to 4 months-very easy to clean/maintain.

I agree the regular seats are very comfy- I just thought having those cloth inserts would make maintenance more difficult. Did not want to have buyers remorse is all.

The is is really a minor issue as the vehicle I was looking at with a deep discount is hard to pass on even though it doesn’t have the recaro.

BTW I plan on using this vehicle for it was intended to do off reading. I have enjoyed my Hummer immensely and it has the battle scars to go with it but hey that is why I bought it.

But I digressed, I just wanted some opinions on the seats because the vehicle I feel will be a blast either way.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 10k miles on a 2019, I personally didn't care for the looks or comfort of the Recaro seats. Glad I didn't choose them. Just me.

Cypress

Reaction score
I faced the same exact dilemma you're in now, and went with the healthy discount on the non recaro performance blue 802a. So far I've found the 802a seats to be the comfiest seats I've ever had in any vehicle, going back 30+ years and tbh I think the carbon fiber interior look is a tad played out at this point. Maybe the recaro's are a bit better and maybe I would have been better off waiting until the perfect configuration/deal fell in my lap but I'm 100% content with what I've got and didn't need the recaro's to make this truck feel any more special than it already is.

PAJ

Reaction score
I really like both alcantara and leather seats. I like the alcantara for cooler behind in warm weather and the added grip it provides. As for leather, love the look, feel and smell. I went with a highly discounted 2019 802A Raptor without blue accent pkg and don't feel I am missing anything. Standard 802A seats with ventilation are really comfortable for me. Haven't seen the accent pkg in person, so maybe ignorance is bliss?

For me and my preferences, there is not enough alcantara on the seating surfaces to provide the benefits I mentioned above (cool behind and extra grip). Maybe they do provide some extra grip, but this is a large truck - not a sports car!

In the end, this decision is really based on personal preference. If you really like the look of the package, I'm of the opinion you shouldn't settle for less. I believe if you look long enough you will be able to get one equipped the way you want WITH a healthy discount. If, however, you think it would be nice to have - but not of paramount importance - you will not be disappointed at all with the standard seating.

Good luck and enjoy the search!

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '18 and love the OEM seats with no wear issues after nearly 18k miles. They're very comfortable and love them.

For the deal you're getting, take it if it's the Rap you want.

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, until you've sat in the seats for a few thousand miles you won't have a clue which one you like better. Good luck finding a dealer willing to let you test drive multiple vehicles for thousands of miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryantbjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2018, Recaro’s were not an option. I just did Raptor Assault and spent a day in a 2019 with Recaro’s. I do like the way they look. They do feel somewhat narrow compared to standard seats. I’m 6’4” and weigh 240 lbs. Some members have raised questions about how well they wear and keeping them clean. In the end it’s not that big a deal and the truck you’re looking at sounds like a great deal. The carbon can be added aftermarket. If you like the great deal, buy the great deal.

Agreed. I was just there as well. I like my leather seats just fine.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a fan in any way of the R seats. They to me Do not feel better than the stock seats in my 2019, not a fan of blue (wtf) , and outwardly did not seem to be as durable as the stock seats though I have no evidence of durability other than my 11k 2019 seats look like new with my fat ass sitting on them.. My opinion..