Debating on selling the Raptor and going a different direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy806

Reaction score
I’m trying to like my 2018. I had a 2014 and LOVED it. Thinking about going back and customizing an older model. Also, I get this white smoke occasionally. A mechanic says that it’s most likely coolant leaking in somewhere? I had a loud hum from a fan after my first “mudding excursion” - there are multiple fans in this thing. We replaced 4. Read that I probably could have resolved my issue with a water hose...lol.

heffneil

Reaction score
I had two SRT 8's. 2015 and then a 2017 I think. The first one had a problem with the inlay in the dash and the dealership couldn't get it back in properly and got glue all over the place. SRT support helped and had them replace the entire part but here is where it got interesting. They told me I had a leaking head gasket. When I asked them if they could handle that repair they told me yeah sure no problem. I said I can't see that work but the work I have seen is pretty bad. So I traded it in on the new one. Our dealership here in Naples might be one of the worst. My friend who is HUGE mopar / jeep fan rook his SRT 8 in to get it maintained and he was driving across the state. When he started to go fast the front wheel was wobbling so fast. He got out and looked and they forgot ALL but one or all of the lugnuts on a wheel. He is smart and took one of the other three wheels and continued on his way. He went back and they apologized and when he got there they handed him the lugnuts. I asked him why he didn't have them put them on and he said he didn't trust them - neither would i. Anyway he owns a Trailhawk now and LOVES it. Its a beast. I mean just listening to it. When I had the SRT I couldn't idle through the neighborhood without the neighbors thinking I was FLYING. Now I drive a Tesla Model X p100d. If you want to talk about a FAST suv there isn't anything faster. Nothing.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Head gaskets must be an issue on the hemis... My neighbor has a 17 or 18 Ram. Head gasket went. Cracked the head. Dealer ordered a new head and caught a casting flaw/ bubble before installing it. Had to order another head. Meanwhile, he had a new f150 rental for about 4 weeks. 2.7 eco. He kinda fell in love with the motor I think... Still has the Ram for now. He's upside down in it I think. But he's counting the days...

heffneil

Reaction score
I had a leak since day one of the original SRT. They couldn't fix it and tried a bunch of things. After 3 years I said enough is enough....

tooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hp, and driving experience of the track hawk look amazing, but Jeeps do nothing for me. I'm trying to like it because of that hellcat motor, but it just doesn't do it for me. I think if they made it look much more aggressive with wider fenders or something it might.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased my wife a 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude new and she loves it. About 20K miles in I had a radiator leak which was replaced under warranty. 6K miles later, had another radiator leak which was replaced again under warranty. I have own lots of cars over the years and only had 1 radiator failure and that was in 1994 land cruiser. I asked the dealership what happens when I am out of warranty and get another radiator failure? They told me I was SOL.

I told my wife and I am getting her a 2018 Lariat as I do not want to be out of warranty with her jeep. She cried when we traded in her jeep ... but recently she told me she loves her Lariat.