Debating on selling the Raptor and going a different direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hands down ... Uconnect is the BEST infotainment system out there. Very intuitive.

Here's a one I snapped at the dealership.

Initial thoughts other than it's super fast:
The supercharger whine is addicting
Love having that V8 sound again
Transmission is super smooth when i'm just driving around town
The infotainment system is very clean, so much clearer than the Sync 3 system.
Rides very smooth and cabin is quiet when not flooring it.
Gas mileage is awful, but expected that, wish the tank was bigger.
Has the suede headliner with pano sunroof
Suede seats, very comfortable!
Upgraded stereo

View attachment 117931

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color is GREAT. Besides the white that is the bomb.
Looks killer.
Sam

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep can't sell them ... you get $10K off on on the SRT and Trackhawk just by walking into a Jeep dealership.

You know what happens when you get 10k+ off of sticker window? You lose 10k+ once they give you the keys.

Agreed... that ride is worth $20k less than the sticker price already. But hey, if the OP is happy that's all that matters.

Resale value and money in general may not be a concern for someone who owns a 2018 Raptor, and 2018 Trackhawk... but he did wisely balk at the low trade-in offer from Jeep.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep can't sell them ... you get $10K off on on the SRT and Trackhawk just by walking into a Jeep dealership.

You know what happens when you get 10k+ off of sticker window? You lose 10k+ once they give you the keys.
Most of the one's I see listed in my area are $90-100K. For that much, I'd buy an Expedition Platinum at around $75K.

OP
OP
asteele711

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed... that ride is worth $20k less than the sticker price already. But hey, if the OP is happy that's all that matters.

Resale value and money in general may not be a concern for someone who owns a 2018 Raptor, and 2018 Trackhawk... but he did wisely balk at the low trade-in offer from Jeep.

I think they should have been priced originally at $75k-$80k, not $95k-$100k.

Dealers around me were still in the upper $80s/low $90s. Called on a couple in the DFW area that were low $80s/high $70s and all were either sold or someone had put a deposit down to hold, so I think Jeep just started too high. I mean, when you think of a $100k car, Jeep surely doesn't come to mind.

Also, almost all new cars are going to depreciate in value as soon as you leave the lot. If you think any mass produced car is an investment, you are mistaken!

Overall very happy with the purchase, but sad to see the Raptor go as it's an awesome truck. So somebody buy it!

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they should have been priced originally at $75k-$80k, not $95k-$100k.

Dealers around me were still in the upper $80s/low $90s. Called on a couple in the DFW area that were low $80s/high $70s and all were either sold or someone had put a deposit down to hold, so I think Jeep just started too high. I mean, when you think of a $100k car, Jeep surely doesn't come to mind.

Also, almost all new cars are going to depreciate in value as soon as you leave the lot. If you think any mass produced car is an investment, you are mistaken!

Overall very happy with the purchase, but sad to see the Raptor go as it's an awesome truck. So somebody buy it!

Did I miss the details on your Raptor? Watcha got, and how much?

OP
OP
asteele711

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I miss the details on your Raptor? Watcha got, and how much?

I’ve got an 18 Black Raptor, 16,8XX miles. Fully loaded from factory.

Icon Alloy Bronze wheels
RPG adjustable collars
Borla S type exhaust
Roush CAI
Baja designs fog lights
Ultra flex bed cover
It’s also ceramic coated

Asking $64k

128677FA-C08C-4BB9-9B09-7FBD1748658E.jpeg