Debating on selling the Raptor and going a different direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur after pure speed, no need for hauling, towing, or truck bed then I will agree u r better served by something else. HOWEVER I also traded an SRT jeep for my Raptor. 2 reasons.

1) in the first 6 months of ownership, I had to have the "fender flares" repainted due to paint peeling. The headliner rattled non stop and was replaced due to faulty/broken clips. The roof rack literally cracked in two while driving to a ski resort. Carbon fiber trim popped out of the dash and had to be replaced. Had multiple speaker issues. And there was a constant burning smell that would overtake the cabin. Dealer never could figure that one out. All this within 6 months. I continued to have small fit and finish issues throughout ownership. I kept the jeep almost 2 years but was not comfortable keeping it long term and once warranty was out.

2) after 2 years and 40k miles. Blue book was almost 30k less than sticker. Just couldnt keep up with depreciation. Though that happens with many vehicles, including the germans. It's something to consider. FCA takes a hard hit. I would def not buy new unless u plan on keeping and paying off or just have $$$ to burn.

If I were in the 85-90k market. I'd be looking hard at a certified used RS7, E63S, or GLE63S. Audi and mercedes offer fantastic CPO warranties. But everyone wants what they want and I encourage everyone to buy what makes them happy! You only live once and it's just money! Best of luck!

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur after pure speed, no need for hauling, towing, or truck bed then I will agree u r better served by something else. HOWEVER I also traded an SRT jeep for my Raptor. 2 reasons.

1) in the first 6 months of ownership, I had to have the "fender flares" repainted due to paint peeling. The headliner rattled non stop and was replaced due to faulty/broken clips. The roof rack literally cracked in two while driving to a ski resort. Carbon fiber trim popped out of the dash and had to be replaced. Had multiple speaker issues. And there was a constant burning smell that would overtake the cabin. Dealer never could figure that one out. All this within 6 months. I continued to have small fit and finish issues throughout ownership. I kept the jeep almost 2 years but was not comfortable keeping it long term and once warranty was out.

2) after 2 years and 40k miles. Blue book was almost 30k less than sticker. Just couldnt keep up with depreciation. Though that happens with many vehicles, including the germans. It's something to consider. FCA takes a hard hit. I would def not buy new unless u plan on keeping and paying off or just have $$$ to burn.

If I were in the 85-90k market. I'd be looking hard at a certified used RS7, E63S, or GLE63S. Audi and mercedes offer fantastic CPO warranties. But everyone wants what they want and I encourage everyone to buy what makes them happy! You only live once and it's just money! Best of luck!
Agree with you on the Germans. Much better build quality and overall I find the vehicles to be more precise in terms of everything all round. Only concern is putting lot of miles on those cars. Not sure how they will fair in the long run past 50-60k miles which is what I plan on putting on them.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep the Raptor and get a sports car like a M2. For over 20 years I have always had at least 2 or more cars that are completely diff from each other. Having multiple cars means you will not get bored.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re gonna get something fast, get a good sports car. Not an SUV.
While I'm def partial to sports cars (have a Z06 in stable) - name me a "good sports car" that has 700+ HP, AWD, seats 5 comfortably, has ample storage space, & a warranty that will hold up even if you decide (like I'm sure many owners will) to SMASH THAT GO PEDAL @ EVERY DAMN CHANCE POSSIBLE - you can't drive a legit sports car on a regular basis & achieve the same level of hoonery lol

I'd be MUCH more apt to get into a Trackhawk for a romp on a regular basis than my Z06 - can carry passengers, has AWD, can carry way more stuff, due to the AWD no issues driving aggressive in wet conditions, for whatever reason b/c it is an SUV I'd be less concerned w/ keeping it clean, don't have to be as worried about blind spots/getting hit/hitting curbs/potholes/scraping due to being so low etc etc etc etc