GEN 2 Deavers, Kings, and Sad Face

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sincerely don't want this to sound like a rant, but I need some feedback. Installed a slew of goodies a week back on my truck. Suspension mods included: Kings, +3" deavers, bump stop kit, ucas, and tie rods.

The son of a gun is rough. Like the factory plushness just said, Bye Felicia. This is with the Kings' factory dampening settings. So, I started experimenting with the rebound and compression settings, but no luck. Made it worse. Spoke with SVC and they helped school me on the proper settings. Made those adjustments and its a little better. The rear end is still dare i say, sharp, on the highway.

So, do I just throw 500lb of shit in the bed and call it a day? Could more shock tweaking make that much of an improvement? I had deavers and kings on my old truck and really enjoyed the smoothness. *Did not have to load the bed down either.

My wife and I take this to the ranch most weekends, and she said the ride is much worse. Thinks I ruined the truck.

With the mods I have installed, am I asking too much to have factory like plushness on the road, and then have the ability to adjust shit and then shred at the ranch?

Still have factory tires @38F/36R psi.

Thanks in advance
IMG_2799.JPG

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the new set up?

The deavers will settle but I’m thinking it’s all in the shock settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dubya_raptor

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has about 400 miles on the new setup. Probably drove 40 miles around the ranch trying to break it in some. I will try opening up the rear tubes all the way.
As of now the tubes are set as following:
Compression:
Long Tube- 6 revs from closed
Short Tube- 8 revs from closed
Rebound:
Long Tube- 6 revs from closed
Short Tube- 4 revs from closed

The fronts are completely open.

Thanks for the input guys. I will get back under the truck this evening. Hopefully this “stretch” out the oscillation period.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Have you checked the shock PSI? That will most certainly change the ride characteristics.

I have a Deaver +3 and a load loaf with my Fox 3.0's and the ride in the back is super smooth with or without 500lbs of gear and I'm pretty stiff with compression and rebound.

--