GEN 2 Deavers, Kings, and Sad Face

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBRaptor34

Reaction score
Well the rear shocks were already at 150 psi. Going to take advantage of King's free revalve service and ship them out next week; thanks for the advice @khcdave and @Loufish . Going to swap out the coils first thing next week and run on the factory rear shocks until the kings are revalved. Will let y'all know the results.

@Clockton - Jeff showed me that video when I was ordering my stuff. Very impressive!

@GBRaptor34 - the front compression is fully open.
o wow fully open? i had mine set at 12 clicks closed from softest and suffered hard through similar terrain. i believe jeff told me those shocks in the video are on kings factory settings, which are like 20 clicks closed up front.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o wow fully open? i had mine set at 12 clicks closed from softest and suffered hard through similar terrain. i believe jeff told me those shocks in the video are on kings factory settings, which are like 20 clicks closed up front.

The front shocks in the video are dialed up as far as they can go. Dial them all them back for street if you want

OP
OP
dubya_raptor

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I got the new front springs installed, and also set less preload in them.

Before After

IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2947.JPG

After driving around with the new springs for a week, I did notice there was a nice improvement on road. Nothing dramatic, but definitely worth the price of admission. I also took out the rear kings and had the RPG shackles installed. This did little to effect the harshness
of the rear ride quality. Now I'm perplexed; I told the install shop repeatedly to torque the shackles once the vehicle was on the ground, and to a spec less than the OEM recommendations. So I assumed they had done so accordingly. A week goes by and the rear is still twerking
like a thot and the wife is on my ass. This afternoon, after a chat with RPG, I finally get off my lazy ass and adjust the shackle bolts. SHAZAM!!!!! World of difference. The truck rides like butter in the rear now. My best guess is that the shop ignored my advice and just hit everything with an impact and called it good.

It's amazing what over torqued shackles will do to the overall ride quality of a vehicle.
I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and help. I'm really glad I got this fixed.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow they must have torqued the hell out of those bolts!

Glad you got it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres how my fronts are setup.

A little stiffer than stock but work well Offroad.

I am selling my Kings as I have moved to mid travel if anyone has an interest.

A9A1343C-35CA-45D2-97E0-B144AD1DEE60.jpeg

OP
OP
dubya_raptor

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres how my fronts are setup.

A little stiffer than stock but work well Offroad.

I am selling my Kings as I have moved to mid travel if anyone has an interest.

View attachment 122494

That looks to be where mine were set initially too. Maybe they seemed stiffer than normal since the rear suspension was so rough. I'm still experiencing some roughness from time to time. Most days the ride is smooth, but every now and then the rear seems to
bind up somehow. Thinking about putting in a bed cage and some more gear in the bed to add some weight in the rear.

I bet that midtravel is gravy. Good luck selling the kings, I'm sure they'll sell fast.