Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OE tire weighs 65lbs and 37 weighs 70lbs.

OE wheel weighs 32lb
Method Roost wheels weigh 25lbs
Fuel Anza weighs 25lbs
RRW Wheel (coming soon) weighs 22lbs

A 37" tire with any of these wheels is less unsprung weight than the stock cast wheel with the OE 315/70R17. Even more so if you have the heavy beadlocks. So if unsprung weight is a concern, you're ok with the right wheel. 37's also make bumps and dips seem/feel smaller than the 315/70R17.

Would be helpful to the thread to know which 37" tire you're referencing. Very helpful info on the wheel weights. Thank you.

BrianR

Reaction score
+1 inch of ground clearance gained. Approach and departure angles almost no change. Sidewall flex ditto.

37's are all about looks and being different and the added unsprung weight, cost and impact they have on the suspension and truck far outweigh any benefits they might have.
You can state your opinion without telling other people they are wrong friend.
I have many miles on 33's, 35's and my last 400k miles on 3 different trucks have been on 37's. I notice a big enough difference in the dirt to put 37's on my gen2. Feel free to run what you want on yours if you can't tell the difference.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Tell us about the difference you notice. I'm interested and listening.

I'm going with 38's - they're bigger :ROFLJest: