Deaver +3HD vs +4HD (Confused after all the researching)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHamilton

Reaction score
@JHamilton - I went back and forth on this too and think what I ordered is almost nearly the same: Eibachs, +4HD, RPG +2 Shackles.

Hows the ride, height, and did you also have to go with longer brake lines? Thanks in advance
Ride is great. Height difference is noticeable but not bad at all (prior vehicle was a Wrangler on tons and 40s, so this is nbd). Stock, the truck was feeling a little bloated and too squishy for my taste. This is firmer, but in a good way, not harsh at all. Just more poised. Didn’t do longer brake lines since I’m still running stock shocks. Note: I went for the cheaper Camburg shackles and I think they are 1.5”.

Last edited:

Turbro

Reaction score
How does your truck do while towing, Turbro? You're pretty close to the weight of the trailer I'm looking at (closer to 7000). Have you upgraded your brakes at all? Last question, after towing a few times have the new springs settled much to reduce your rake when you're unhooked?

Well it's not an HD nor a 1/2 ton with max towing package nor a regular 1/2 ton. Didn't expect that. Still a bit bouncy when towing. But, much better than stock and riding on the factory bump stops. I'm willing to deal with that for everything else the truck brings.

For context, I've owed the truck for 7 months and 9k miles. 2350 of the miles towing the camper within the sierra mountains and to San Diego and back from Reno.

Yes, the rear springs (+4 HD) have settled. Net is about 2 & 3/4" inches of rear lift. I believe my stock leafs were worn out as well as the previous owner had a roof top tent and mounted his dirt bike to the hitch.

Next week I'm dropping the front 1" as Im nose high when towing. The SVC collars are currently maxed out, which was my choice. Ride is not the best so hopefully this will help till I can justify the $7k for Fox 3.0's.

I did take my Raptor to King of Hammers 2 weeks ago. I drove maybe 30mph for 1-2 miles to see another part of the course in the open desert. Felt good there. Just couldn't push it cause I had bicycles mounted above the bed.

Here are two pics from last week at the top of Donner summit on I80. Please note only about 250lbs in the bed( I will average near 400lbs) Most extra weight in the back of the trailer. Empty tanks. This is the lightest touge weight I will ever have. I needed more. Guestmate is about 6000lbs for the trailer in those pics.

I'm nearing the end of my build so will do a full write up when finished.

Attachments

• 20220209_110702.jpg
    20220209_110702.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220209_110652.jpg
    20220209_110652.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 57