Dealerships that have MY22 for MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

My MY22 raptor went into production with a blend date of 8/23/22 and has been sitting on chip hold at Flat Rock since then. My imaginary ETA just got bumped to the first week of December and I can't handle this anymore. I sold my truck back in September as my dealership told me I should have the new truck by the end of the month. I have to actively start looking for a different truck that is already on the lot somewhere. I live in NW Missouri, but can buy a plane ticket to anywhere and drive the truck home. All of the dealerships around me (Kansas City area) have 10-20k markups over MSRP. Can anyone give me a lead on dealerships that don't have these insane markups and have a truck? I found one in Colorado, but they only sell to in state customers.

Any help would be appreciated. Being without a vehicle for the last 6 weeks has been a real hardship and, obviously, no one cares but me.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sitting on the lot at MSRP is a unicorn. best bet is perfect timing with an abandoned retail order

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
One issue with waiting and having it roll into the 2023 fiscal year is that this is a vehicle being purchased through my S-Corp. Since I sold my previous truck, not only will I pay taxes on the profit from the sale, but I will lose sales tax credit and the tax deduction that comes with purchasing a vehicle. I never imagined this situation would come to this.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One issue with waiting and having it roll into the 2023 fiscal year is that this is a vehicle being purchased through my S-Corp. Since I sold my previous truck, not only will I pay taxes on the profit from the sale, but I will lose sales tax credit and the tax deduction that comes with purchasing a vehicle. I never imagined this situation would come to this.
I’m the same. We ended up purchasing my wife a new vehicle to fill the gap because I’m not sure if my 2023 with an imaginary delivery date of today will come in before the end of the year

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that true? If you buy a "temporary" one and apply the tax credit there, and then sell that one when yours shows up, doesn't it end up roughly the same?

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Is that true? If you buy a "temporary" one and apply the tax credit there, and then sell that one when yours shows up, doesn't it end up roughly the same?
I sold a 2018 F-150 Limited for $45,000. I would pay taxes on that money as if it were income unless I replaced it with a similarly priced vehicle. In addition I wouldn't get the tax deduction off of adjusted gross income so I would pay the taxes on the $80,000+ I would have spent on the truck this year. We are talking about 10s of thousands in potential taxes paid to Uncle Sam if I don't buy in 2022.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, so if you go buy something similar value to that right now to hold you over until the Raptor arrives, and then trade it in or sell it when the Raptor arrives, won't it end up the same again?