Dealerships that have MY22 for MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Right, so if you go buy something similar value to that right now to hold you over until the Raptor arrives, and then trade it in or sell it when the Raptor arrives, won't it end up the same again?
I'm not saying this in a rude way because if I didn't own a small business, I would have no idea about it either. Section 179 allows you to deduct the full value of a vehicle over 6,000 gross weight from your adjusted gross income. So I'm in the 35-37% tax rate and buying a Raptor effectively shields me from writing a check to the government for $30,000 in April. I'm sorry this has turned into a CPA class -- it was not my intention. So, yes, if I bought a $45,000 truck to get me by, it would allow me to not pay income taxes on the sale of my previous vehicle, but would do nothing for the $85,000 I would have paid for the new truck I' supposed to be buying. Does that make sense?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like hind sight is 20-20 but should have had delivery of your new truck figured out before you sold the old truck. I'd buy something in a similar price bracket such as F-250 lariat to hold over until the Raptor shows up, then eat the difference. The difference should be much less even with TTL losses on the F-250 than paying tax liability in your current predicament.

Delivery of Raptors is a well documented problem, so good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Sounds like hind sight is 20-20 but should have had delivery of your new truck figured out before you sold the old truck. I'd buy something in a similar price bracket such as F-250 lariat to hold over until the Raptor shows up, then eat the difference. The difference should be much less even with TTL losses on the F-250 than paying tax liability in your current predicament.
Yeah, thank you. It had been awhile since I purchased a vehicle and I didn't realize that Ford was still having so much trouble building trucks 3 years after coronavirus burst onto the scene. I would have kept my truck if my dealer would have worded his message like this, "The ETA shows the end of September, but that is an imaginary, computer-generated date and I wouldn't sell your vehicle until your truck is on the rail." I was ignorant about this process and they obviously aren't being so close to the action.

Anyway, any 801a raptors with $5k ADM or less are appreciated if anyone comes across one. Thanks, all.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
There is a listing on this forum for a Hennessey Raptor for $140. Not sure if that will help your tax situation or not.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a lot of work and/or patience buying a raptor. 23's are starting to come out so maybe you'll get lucky on a 22. My experience has been extremely unlucky finding a new truck asking less than $10k adm. Used ones are out there and starting to become reasonably priced if that's an option?

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my 2020 Raptor last year and patiently waiting for a new purchase at MSRP. In the mean time I purchased a 2022 F150 XL STX and it's a pleasure to drive. Sometimes I wonder if a New Raptor is worth plus $35K-$40K to replace my STX??? No heated this, no high tech that and so forth.

I think MSRP deals might be had sometime in 2023, who knows. Until then I'll just keep enjoying the lowly STX....Lol!

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few at MSRP + $499 dealer fee + ttt. It was available as of yesterday. Nice build too... no affiliation

https://www.laurafordofsullivan.com/VehicleDetails/new-2022-Ford-F_150-Raptor_4WD_SuperCrew_5.5'_Box-Sullivan-MO/5435268680?stocknum=F22523&atc_ownerid=71614669&utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

https://www.laurafordofsullivan.com/VehicleDetails/new-2022-Ford-F_150-Raptor_4WD_SuperCrew_5.5'_Box-Sullivan-MO/5435268180

NO HOOKS, NO GIMMICKS, DO NOT LET OTHER DEALERS TELL YOU OTHERWISE! You could qualify for even more incentives, please call dealer for details. You pay the price listed plus a $499 admin fee, applicable tax, title and license less any extra incentives if available and/or applicable. Please call 573-677-1300 for more details! Laura Auto Group, serving our communities for over 38 years. Please call dealer to verify vehicle availability. Price good through 11/30/2022!

*You pay the price listed plus a $499 admin fee, applicable tax, title and license less any extra incentives if available and/or applicable. All prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice. Contact dealer for most current information"

If someone ends up buying one of these... i will gladly accept donations to one of the non-profits we support... :)

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$15,000 ADM on the above if you look at their actual price. They just have MSRP listed on the landing page.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my 2020 Raptor last year and patiently waiting for a new purchase at MSRP. In the mean time I purchased a 2022 F150 XL STX and it's a pleasure to drive. Sometimes I wonder if a New Raptor is worth plus $35K-$40K to replace my STX??? No heated this, no high tech that and so forth.

I think MSRP deals might be had sometime in 2023, who knows. Until then I'll just keep enjoying the lowly STX....Lol!
Agreed. My Dad has a 21 STX and I’ve driven it a few times. Literally the only 2 things I’d miss Is the heated wheel and headlights. My Raptor was $37,000 more lol.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

My MY22 raptor went into production with a blend date of 8/23/22 and has been sitting on chip hold at Flat Rock since then. My imaginary ETA just got bumped to the first week of December and I can't handle this anymore. I sold my truck back in September as my dealership told me I should have the new truck by the end of the month. I have to actively start looking for a different truck that is already on the lot somewhere. I live in NW Missouri, but can buy a plane ticket to anywhere and drive the truck home. All of the dealerships around me (Kansas City area) have 10-20k markups over MSRP. Can anyone give me a lead on dealerships that don't have these insane markups and have a truck? I found one in Colorado, but they only sell to in state customers.

Any help would be appreciated. Being without a vehicle for the last 6 weeks has been a real hardship and, obviously, no one cares but me.
With a 8/23 blend that truck is due soon. Mine was 8/22 and showed up last Thursday.