Dealership and MY 22/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxxMannimalxxx

Reaction score
Long time lurker. Finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a Raptor. I have contacted two local dealerships, and both have indicated their 22 MY allocations are spoken for and that I could be at the front of the line for a 23 MY. However, one of the dealerships told me they might get another 22 allocation and that I could put in an order and there would be a chance it would get picked up (if it doesn't include the performance package) but that in the event it doesn't, it would roll over to MY 23. I was also told that there will be no differences in options between the MY 22 and MY 23.

I honestly have not done business with either and have no reasonable framework to work with. Is this smoke or could there be some truth to the statements about possible allocations being available down the line for MY 22?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer doesn't know if there will be any differences between 22 & 23 models, they typically know when we know. The allocation thing is a mixed bag however at least they were honest with you. If they don't want a large deposit you could take a chance or you could keep calling around.

Are you willing to pay ADM? What color, package, options do you want? I can look in NC/VA for you if you are willing to travel or ship

OP
OP
xxxMannimalxxx

xxxMannimalxxx

Reaction score
Thanks @Grayson I appreciate your comment and offer of assistance. No ADM and no markup and not willing to travel. Looking to build an honest relationship with the local dealers. Prefer to keep my money in our local economy whenever possible.

My thought was the same as you, that the dealerships are unaware of the differences. I don't know if this should be a "red herring" if you will, regarding their honesty.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker. Finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a Raptor. I have contacted two local dealerships, and both have indicated their 22 MY allocations are spoken for and that I could be at the front of the line for a 23 MY. However, one of the dealerships told me they might get another 22 allocation and that I could put in an order and there would be a chance it would get picked up (if it doesn't include the performance package) but that in the event it doesn't, it would roll over to MY 23. I was also told that there will be no differences in options between the MY 22 and MY 23.

I honestly have not done business with either and have no reasonable framework to work with. Is this smoke or could there be some truth to the statements about possible allocations being available down the line for MY 22?
I ordered a 21 37 Package LFG my friend owns the dealership and told me up front he had no allocation . We’ve been friends for years so I ordered and mine got picked up . If you really want one I would go for it . Good luck !

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Grayson I appreciate your comment and offer of assistance. No ADM and no markup and not willing to travel. Looking to build an honest relationship with the local dealers. Prefer to keep my money in our local economy whenever possible.

My thought was the same as you, that the dealerships are unaware of the differences. I don't know if this should be a "red herring" if you will, regarding their honesty.

In that case I would put down refundable deposits at both and see who gets an allocation first or at all. Double your chances, if you are willing to wait until 2023 then just go with the one you had the best experience with.

Ford loves to change things, especially with the chip shortage so I am going to strongly doubt that a 2023 would be the same as a 2022 and it's probably minor things but the prices will continue to increase so that's another thing to think about.

derise

Reaction score
I love how this idiot thinks nothing will chang on 2023. Like who the **** you think you are. Holdup the chief engineer from ford has spoken. Get a life. Sound so ignorant.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how this idiot thinks nothing will chang on 2023. Like who the **** you think you are. Holdup the chief engineer from ford has spoken. Get a life. Sound so ignorant.
Please decrypt who the idiot is and what does Carl have to do with it?

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Speaking of ordering or receiving a '23 model, is Ford working on the software problem to have Blue Cruise for '23 Raptor? That may be worth waiting for.