Dealer shows my ordered truck as New Inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's probably a lot easier for them to manage inventory if everything is one system, whether dealer stock or custom order, as well. Sure, there is probably some sort of status field that determines whether the vehicle is visible on the website or not, but as you pointed out...it helps sales.
While I will agree that their orders all under one program (which is probably 100%), they do have the available option (also 100% true) to mark the vehicle as sold on their list, so potential buyers know that it's not an available order just waiting for anybody to show up and purchase. It's marketing 101 and I get that it fools most junior buyers into the market.

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s normal. Nearly every manufacturer does this with their incoming orders. Either dealer or customer orders so it’s not unique to your situation.
My dealership did the same. They eventually listed it as sold before I picked it up due to the amount of calls they got on it.