Dealer Crashed Into My Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro. At least they shouldn't have to paint match. You'll forget this happened in a few months. Just don't ever go back to that dealer
That was my thought. One of the first things I asked when they called me was there any damage to the metal? They said no.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Sorry, bumped into. Maybe I will correct it so I don’t offend you. Who gives a S H ! T what it says. At the end of the day, the dealership damaged my new truck.
Yep they did, the extra drama is what I find amusing. Good luck and enjoy it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not too bad. Looks like a bumper extension cap, bumper pad and a tail light. At least it’s all just a bolt on swap.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the damage was not as bad as I thought. The dealer did order all new parts. The driver side corner got damaged and even shifted. The taillight isn’t bad, but I did emphasize that I want new. At the end of the day, the dealer was very up front about making this done the right way. And yes, it will not hit Cafax. The passenger side bumper is pictured just to show the shift.

View attachment 342510

View attachment 342511

View attachment 342512

View attachment 342513
Damn, he slammed into it good!!!!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So they’re making it right. Ok, they shouldn’t have done it in the first place, but they did, owned up to it and owned fixing to your satisfaction and first in line for Raptor R at MSRP. How exactly, is this a bad deal?

;-)

msharpe08

Reaction score
To top it all off, dealer told me that Ford said the clicking coming from the exhaust on cold starts is normal and also the power inverter fan noise is normal. Maybe there aren't enough complaints about the exhaust, even though I know people have had the exhaust replaced, but we all know the inverter fan noise has a fix. I am working on pushing back on this.
I took mine in as well for the power inverter fan noise, the exhaust clicking/rattle noise, and the recall (heat shield by driveshaft). There is a service bulletin on the fan noise and it just requires a software update. They did the software update while I was waiting and it fixed that issue. They said the exhaust clicking/rattle noise is not normal and had to report the issue. They got approval to replace the entire exhaust and I'm just waiting on the parts to arrive for the exhaust and the recall. Keep pushing until they fix it.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took mine in as well for the power inverter fan noise, the exhaust clicking/rattle noise, and the recall (heat shield by driveshaft). There is a service bulletin on the fan noise and it just requires a software update. They did the software update while I was waiting and it fixed that issue. They said the exhaust clicking/rattle noise is not normal and had to report the issue. They got approval to replace the entire exhaust and I'm just waiting on the parts to arrive for the exhaust and the recall. Keep pushing until they fix it.
What is included in the entire exhaust? Could you post a new thread with a parts list that itemizes the replacement parts from Ford and if that fixed your issue or not. That would help other members a lot.

cris4cris

Reaction score
My only concern would be seeing it against the CarFax.

I had a similar thing happen to my C63s and the depreciation value due to a “minor accident” reported on the carfax was awful. I was lucky to sell it during COVID and take advantage of the chip shortage.

If they report it, I’d maybe make a case that the value of the vehicle is affected now.

r8ders

Reaction score
Maybe this in your chance to get them pay for a new ADD rear bumper.
If the cost of the ADD bumper is more than a new painted stock one, tell them you would pay the difference and you get yourself a nicer heavier duty bumper for maybe a couple hundred.