Dealer Crashed Into My Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyLord

Reaction score
Your numbers are pretty accurate...depends but close. But don't tell OP, he trusts the dealer that did this in the first place won't report to Carfax, so all is good :laughing1: Trust me when OP goes to trade and they find out bumper has been replaced and paint work he will be feeling the pain.
This actually happened to me. Bought a 2019 landcruiser “owners demo” but it was sold to me as new and first owner. Went to sell it this year and carfax showed damage to front left.

Was gonna sue their asses but carmax gave me 79k! Bought it for 75.5.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I’d tell them to get ducked and fire the careless employee that was careless enough to not see and hit an $80k truck. I know they’ll do nothing for you but fix and and give a half ass “we’re sorry here’s a free oil change” however.
If insurance gets involved and the damage is more then just the bumper, it could be reported to carfax. I would get a diminished value report after repair.I would say I want a 150000 warranty zero deductible.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If insurance gets involved and the damage is more then just the bumper, it could be reported to carfax. I would get a diminished value report after repair.I would say I want a 150000 warranty zero deductible.
Dimished value is Im guessing, 900. I have a 2021 Corvette and was back into. Minor scratch Im living with and was given 1000 to fix the scratch and 900 diminished value. The car was 123000 .

Flapjack935

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I quietly thought that as well.
I mean I can’t really talk cause I’ve spent more on cars but those are in a different league. 80k for a new vett sign me up, but each to their own. More power to them for buying what they want at the end of the day.

msharpe08

Reaction score
What is included in the entire exhaust? Could you post a new thread with a parts list that itemizes the replacement parts from Ford and if that fixed your issue or not. That would help other members a lot.
The part (Part # ML3Z5230GF) finally came in and I had it installed today and the rattle noise is gone. The muffler part ordered is the section between the exhaust loop and where it connects to the two tailpipes. Looks like this one part number also includes the two exhaust baffles.

While it was in the shop I had the Sagging Heat Shield recall taken care of and there were also two additional recalls that they corrected. Both appear to be software updates. Recall 22S17 - Reprogram Integrated Trailer Relay Module and Recall 22S15 - Powertrain Control Module Software Update.