Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up Skyfrog. I'm thinking about getting the BlackVue 650 with Power Magic Pro. For anyone who has one, what's your take on it after using it for a while? Any recommendations for similarly featured 2 channel (front and rear) products?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So are most going with the blackvue? I plan on mounting a V1 under the mirror when i get home.

Varhammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have had the Blackvue DR650 installed..
I followed the directions from the Dash Cam Store install..
Everything turned out great.
Been using it for about 6 months now..no problems..
Only thing is sometime the wifi on the unit doesn't turn properly..have to disconnect the wires and replug and everything works as it should.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a G1W for about a year now and it has been great, especially with how cheap they are. I've found it's best set to 5 min loops at 720p. You can read license plates day or night and I usually had 10 hours of footage on a 32gb card before it wrote over unlocked files.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone used the next model up Blackvue with screen? Thinking about that for the mrs jeep so she can use it as a backup cam as well.

Varhammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use the Power Magic make sure you set the power level correctly.. I set mine up and since I've been using it, it has been drawing on the battery and sometimes before 6 hours it will shut off because the battery is below the threshold for the power reserve.. Great investment though..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk