Dash cam mirror tap not working on 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all, I bought the dongar adapter for the rear view mirror to power the dash cam but it won’t turn on. I have a BlackVue 900XPlus-2CH. The usb part of the adapter lights up but no power to the camera (or not enough?). Could it be the cable itself or something else?

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really helpful, but I bought the same camera and considered the tap, but just hard wired to the fuse panel using fuse taps.

Hope you get it working.

R,
HAP

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Not really helpful, but I bought the same camera and considered the tap, but just hard wired to the fuse panel using fuse taps.

Hope you get it working.

R,
HAP
Thanks dude. That’s my next thing. It works fine with the cigarette lighter I just figured it’d be easier to use the mirror than running the wire. What fuse did you end up using?

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit, I thought I had a picture. I think might have used 10 and 20??

R,
HAP

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Blackvue requires 12v and the Dongar steps it down to 5v usb so that mirror tap won't work for you

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you but the question was: "Could it be the cable itself or something else?"
I think the answer was "Something else" -- since tapping the factory harness is the worst thing you can do... And @FordTechOne is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on this forum...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter