CVFab Titan 2 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I guess that part of the issue is most folks (myself included) are only using the charge temp that the truck gives us. Hence the questions about the effectiveness particularly on the initial run(s). Bottom line it’s not only what you measure but where you measure it.

Since you mention that if the temps (when proper measured) are the same, that something is up; what might cause that type of situation?
Of course - I'm here to help.

The intercooler's essentially a large radiator, so there's no way for it to not "work", if that makes sense. I'd wager it being either the temp. itself you're measuring (it's IAT at the intake, not the intercooler sensor post-cold side end tank).

There's really no incorrect way to install it bar a boost leak, which you'd definitely feel.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you had me wondering as it would be pretty difficult to screw up the install of the hoses going to the IC. So a leak at the hose connections or in the IC itself was all I could think of which you’d notice performance wise. Always learning things the more I hang around here. So I appreciate folks patience.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you had me wondering as it would be pretty difficult to screw up the install of the hoses going to the IC. So a leak at the hose connections or in the IC itself was all I could think of which you’d notice performance wise. Always learning things the more I hang around here. So I appreciate folks patience.
Where you want to keep an eye out is when you're on a highway drive or hotter weather (particularly towing). That's where any intercooler shines. We're still in winter months where temps. are more moderate, so heat soak on the OEM intercooler is less of an issue.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Where you want to keep an eye out is when you're on a highway drive or hotter weather (particularly towing). That's where any intercooler shines. We're still in winter months where temps. are more moderate, so heat soak on the OEM intercooler is less of an issue.
You’re correct I was looking at charge temp on the gauge display from the raptor. I have an access port and stage 2 tune so I’ll have to check the temps on the access port.

There’s a million options on the access port for parameters to monitor. Do you know the name of it. Is it “IAT2”?

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re correct I was looking at charge temp on the gauge display from the raptor. I have an access port and stage 2 tune so I’ll have to check the temps on the access port.

There’s a million options on the access port for parameters to monitor. Do you know the name of it. Is it “IAT2”?
Cobb AP? It should be IAT2 but let me know which device exactly and we can verify.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb AP correct
IAT2 should be it! It's the sensor post-intercooler on the cold side. The issue is that you really won't have apples-to-apples as there wasn't a reading prior to the intercooler change, but compare that temperature to ambient temps. and that's where you're going to see it stick much closer than it would prior to the changeover.

socal raptor

Reaction score
IAT2 should be it! It's the sensor post-intercooler on the cold side. The issue is that you really won't have apples-to-apples as there wasn't a reading prior to the intercooler change, but compare that temperature to ambient temps. and that's where you're going to see it stick much closer than it would prior to the changeover.
For the life of me I can’t find IAT2 as an option. I see “inlet air temp” which seems to be around 10 degrees above ambient so that must be the right one.