CVFab Titan 2 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly don’t see there being much benefit to the hot and cold IC piping if you’re still on stock turbos, especially in light of the install effort, when installing just the IC by itself is a breeze.

Lanthas

Reaction score
I honestly don’t see there being much benefit to the hot and cold IC piping if you’re still on stock turbos, especially in light of the install effort, when installing just the IC by itself is a breeze.
I was planning on an upgrade to the Garrett PowerMax turbos until I was told that they did not fit gen 3 yet, though I think someone on here stated that Full Race is expecting Gen3 compatibles ones from Garrett later this year. Waiting on that or hopefully an MSRP Raptor R lol. I bought the piping as the price I paid during their sale seemed reasonable as well. The most difficult thing when installing them is orienting the clamps in such a way that you can easily maneuver the piping where the OEM ones were initially installed at. You can approximately follow the stock piping to get the angles and dimensions correct. Those clamps are just no fun with their extra bolt length which would make the OEM ones a better fit for routing it much more easier.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was planning on an upgrade to the Garrett PowerMax turbos until I was told that they did not fit gen 3 yet, though I think someone on here stated that Full Race is expecting Gen3 compatibles ones from Garrett later this year. Waiting on that or hopefully an MSRP Raptor R lol. I bought the piping as the price I paid during their sale seemed reasonable as well. The most difficult thing when installing them is orienting the clamps in such a way that you can easily maneuver the piping where the OEM ones were initially installed at. You can approximately follow the stock piping to get the angles and dimensions correct. Those clamps are just no fun with their extra bolt length which would make the OEM ones a better fit for routing it much more easier.

Nice. I think it would be easier to make 1,000whp than to find an msrp R haha.

Great Scott

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing this and I can't seem to get the top two rubber grommets into holes at the top when sliding it up into place. Did anyone else have this issue? I removed the shroud (I have a 2022 so I don't i'd need to trim).

So when I install the support bar, I'm torquing down the ends a little because it isn't flush at the bottom.

update: I put some slick honey grease on the top grommets to be able to press them in easier. I was doing this myself without a jack and the amount of force needed to press up and towards the front of the truck was exceptional. Little grease helped a lot.

Also, I never took the fans down. Just zip tied them up where they were before I removed the OEM IC. Didn't have to deal with balancing those.

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing this and I can't seem to get the top two rubber grommets into holes at the top when sliding it up into place. Did anyone else have this issue? I removed the shroud (I have a 2022 so I don't i'd need to trim).

So when I install the support bar, I'm torquing down the ends a little because it isn't flush at the bottom.

update: I put some slick honey grease on the top grommets to be able to press them in easier. I was doing this myself with a jack and the amount of force needed to press up and towards the front of the truck was exceptional. Little grease helped a lot.

Also, I never took the fans down. Just zip tied them up where they were before I removed the OEM IC. Didn't have to deal with balancing those.
Aren't the too and bottom ones different thickness?

Great Scott

Reaction score
Aren't the too and bottom ones different thickness?
I think so. I moved them from the old IC to the new IC accordingly. It's just a very very tight fit to get the grommets in the upper part.

I used a 1/4in thick neoprene washer to fix the fan assembly spacing as opposed to metal.

Great Scott

Reaction score
Do what I do… Lube it up and :rotflmao: force it
As Archer would say "phrasing"...

But, yes, I updated my first post to say that's what I effectively did. It's possible to do all of this by yourself and without a lift. Is it optimal? Probably not. It took about 3.5hrs and the last hour was me determining that the IC wasn't pressed up into the truck enough.

Quick Review: I'm in North Texas, and I immediately felt a difference after installing (also added the Cobb radiator shroud and intake support bracket). Truck runs smoother. Idle isn't as rough. Crazy to see the intake temps drop as fast as they did on WOT runs. Even cruising into work today, I could tell there was less stress on the motor in part throttle and highway situations. Intake temps are very clearly closer to ambient all the way around. I should have installed this so much sooner but that's life.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

update: I put some slick honey grease on the top grommets to be able to press them in easier. I was doing this myself with a jack and the amount of force needed to press up and towards the front of the truck was exceptional. Little grease helped a lot.

gen dos here but i had the same issue but it was pushing against the shroud too much, it technically could be bolted in (at a slight angle) but the top grommets were just slightly off the hole and not going in. I had to trim my shroud a bit to make it fit properly. The gen 3 should have a bit more room, but i remember seeing some gen 2s saying they didnt need to trim either, so luck of the draw it seems.

Great Scott

Reaction score
gen dos here but i had the same issue but it was pushing against the shroud too much, it technically could be bolted in (at a slight angle) but the top grommets were just slightly off the hole and not going in. I had to trim my shroud a bit to make it fit properly. The gen 3 should have a bit more room, but i remember seeing some gen 2s saying they didnt need to trim either, so luck of the draw it seems.
Yes on the Gen 2's you have to trim .25in I've seen reported. Gen 3 you don't but CVF really utilized every mm of space in that area to size that IC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter