CVFab Titan 2 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the CVFab Titan 2 on my 2022 Raptor. The install is pretty straight forward, not difficult, just time consuming. I’m sure as with all aftermarket ICs, the fit is very tight.

Removing the bumper is not necessary. You need to remove the skid plate to access the IC and the connections. Remove the support bracket for the IC and fans. If laying under the truck, looking up at the IC, there are 2 hoses on the right, which are your hot side pipes, (which go to the turbos) and a larger diameter hose on the left which is your cold side pipe.
1664652061074.png
The stock IC & Fans come right out when you remove the clamps on the pipes. There are 2 connections you need to take off before dropping the IC and fans. The BOV connection and the Fan connection.
1664652075856.png
1664652096156.png

Once everything is out, you’ll need to remove the shroud around the shutters also referred to as the air guides. This isn’t optional, as the Titan 2 needs all the room it can get. There are snap on type connectors that need to be popped off. The hardest part is reaching the connectors on the top of the shroud.
1664652109584.png

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once that’s done, its time to setup the Titan 2. Obligatory Titan 2 vs stock IC.
1664652591167.png

Everything from stock IC should swap over to the Titan 2 ( BOV, hoses, rubber mounts). When attaching the BOV to the Titan 2, don’t over tighten the screw (course threaded screw). I made that mistake and snapped the head off the factory screw. Luckily there are 2 holes on the Titan for mounting the BOV.
1664652256068.png

There was a lot of debate whether the Titan 2 would fit the OEM connections. I mounted up the OEM hoses and OEM cold side plastic elbow. They all fit.
1664652267213.png
1664652273995.png
This part is optional, and not needed to install the Titan 2. I had all intentions of using both the hot and cold pipe kit from CVFab. I put together the pipe kit to try and match the OEM pipes, but I’ll be honest, the number of elbows, clamps, twisting and turning, aligning…I lost my patience and gave up on the hot pipes. I ran into several issues. Let me preface this by saying the clamps provided, were not the final production clamps. I didn’t have different clamps on hand, so I had to work with what I had. The clamps were insanely large (compared to OEM) and when tightened, the screws that stuck out of the clamps were just way to large compared to OEM clamps. I abondaded using their clamps and used the OEM clamps where I could.
1664652282643.png

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second, lining up the pipes and then trying to fish them through the engine compartment was a nightmare. If I had the OEM style clamps on hand to swap out, it may have been a different experience. I ended up only using the cold side pipe.
1664652651613.png

Everything goes on in reverse order. I placed the fans up in their location before sliding in the Titan 2. If you try to iput the Titan 2 in first, then the fans, there isn’t enough clearance. Place the fans up in their location, then slide the IC in. I used a jack with a block of wood to let it rest on, while attaching the mounting bar and all the hosses.
1664652339554.png

Make sure everything is tightened down really well and plug back in the BOV and fan plug, then reattach the skid plate.

Last edited:

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second, lining up the pipes and then trying to fish them through the engine compartment was a nightmare. If I had the OEM style clamps on hand to swap out, it may have been a different experience. I ended up only using the cold side pipe.
View attachment 374047

Everything goes on in reverse order. I placed the fans up in their location before sliding in the Titan 2. If you try to iput the Titan 2 in first, then the fans, there isn’t enough clearance. Place the fans up in their location, then slide the IC in. I used a jack with a block of wood to let it rest on, while attaching the mounting bar and all the hosses.
View attachment 374044

Make sure everything is tightened down really well and plug back in the BOV and fan plug, then reattach the skid plate.
Thanks for doing this write up. I plan on doing this at some point.