CVFab Titan 2 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks, I might just take ya up on that! I live just south of Denver in Centennial. Prob wont attempt the install till it warms up a little bit lol
Yea, I probably wouldn't help you until it warms up a bit either!

chase723

Reaction score
I just installed mine yesterday. 2019. I definitely had to trim the shutter shroud ~1/2” to get it to fit. There’s no way it would have fit if it didn’t. It was exactly like what these guys ran into.

Start at 13:42.

I have that little bit of fan play too. Will probably shim it up later. Otherwise took it for a rip after install and all is good. Uploaded Goosetuned stage 2. Now to start data logging again.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine yesterday. 2019. I definitely had to trim the shutter shroud ~1/2” to get it to fit. There’s no way it would have fit if it didn’t. It was exactly like what these guys ran into.

Start at 13:42.

I have that little bit of fan play too. Will probably shim it up later. Otherwise took it for a rip after install and all is good. Uploaded Goosetuned stage 2. Now to start data logging again.

Again, this is a gen 3 thread, there is 0 trimming required.

Great Scott

Reaction score
Has anyone in this thread installed the new hot and cold pipe upgrades for the Gen 3?

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in this thread installed the new hot and cold pipe upgrades for the Gen 3?

Its in the first posts of this thread...only installed cold for reasons listed in the post

Great Scott

Reaction score
Its in the first posts of this thread...only installed cold for reasons listed in the post
I misinterpreted the install of those pipes as "testers". Apologies. I'm about to install mine and wanted to see if I should get them and do it all at once. Looks like I'll pass..

Great write-up though so I appreciate it. Will be using it for sure.

Last edited:

Lanthas

Reaction score
So I installed the CVFab V2 and the Hot and Cold Side piping today. Let me say that the finish on everything was great, but man was fitment crazy tight. I followed this a guide and also used the guy with a 2021 Powerboost video on Youtube for reference. Now my biggest complaint is the hot/cold side piping has zero instructions and I ended up with those same clamps in the OPs first post about the piping. Everything was ridiculously tight to route, the clamps are long, so I do recommend using the OEM ones if you can, or cutting probably 1/2" off each of the T-Bolt clamps to make routing the piping easier. The drivers side hot pipe was probably the most difficult to route as the pipe is is pieces and i found that my clamps kept chafing on the cold side pipe when routing and then the passenger side hot pipe at the intercooler. It took honestly way too long to route them. Intercooler took maybe 2 hours as I took my time, but the other piping took about 6-7 extra hours. I can see the apprehension of wanting to do more than the single piece cold side pipe. I found doing the intercooler to be very easy and straight forward as well, though I just assembled everything on that metal support bar on top of my jack and slowly lifted it into place. Had just enough room to clear the hard metal lines behind the fans with a little wiggling. After that I threw on the cold side elbow and began connecting everything back up.

My only wish is that CVFab would include some instructions, or make the drivers side hot pipe one long piece as I had to put it all together in order to allow it to route through the mess of all the other hoses in the engine bay. First drive went well, though I'll be sending my ECU in for the unlock this week.

On a side note, I ordered the Boost Tubes from CVFab as well and will be attempting to test fit them when they come in. Not looking forward to the passenger side turbo for that lol.