CV Boot failing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember complaining on here about it being warrantied. It was a question asking if anyone has had similar problems. Try again.

I guess I misread or misunderstood something. I thought you felt that there was a common problem with the CV boots and I was saying its a normal thing with lifted and lowered cars.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford “fessed up” on all of those concerns and either issued a recall or extended warranty. They’re not KIA/Hyundai, Toyota, or Honda that cover up the defect and only do a recall when forced to by NHTSA. In fact, KIA/Hyundai was just fined $70 million by NHTSA for covering up defects related to their engine failures across multiple models. Don’t get me started on the Honda/Takata fiasco. OEMs all have product issues/defects, what matters is how they handle them.

If Ford had a “bad batch” of CV boots they’d issue a TSB or SSM. The fact of the matter is there is no “bad batch” nor are there widespread issues, even on the forums. If you lift your truck and your CV joint or boot fails, that’s on you. Same applies to any manufacturer.

Do you really believe there is no correlation between OP’s lift and both axle boots failing? Let’s not be ridiculous.
Haha yah honda is a hot mess. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on ford fessing up, settlements mean they just don't want it going to court and reaching a verdict. I've seen tons of people with geisers and eibachs not have a single problem with boots ok the axle. Mine failed on the same axle, passenger side, but on each side of the axle. So I guess maybe more the question should be...how are all of these other people with the same trucks doing the same things with the same springs and not having issues?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha yah honda is a hot mess. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on ford fessing up, settlements mean they just don't want it going to court and reaching a verdict. I've seen tons of people with geisers and eibachs not have a single problem with boots ok the axle. Mine failed on the same axle, passenger side, but on each side of the axle. So I guess maybe more the question should be...how are all of these other people with the same trucks doing the same things with the same springs and not having issues?

Do you run 4 wheel drive a lot or have IWE deletes? Just curious.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run 4 wheel drive a lot or have IWE deletes? Just curious.
No iwe deletes, 4wd maybe quarterly at offroad events otherwise it's always in 2wd. Maybe awd if we see snow or ice which doesn't happen much here.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Anyone know the cv boot part numbers?

I'm almost certain that the entire axle shaft assembly is a singular part number from ford. You can separate the shaft from the CVs without too much of a hassle ( watch youtube videos for the tricks to release the snap rings).

I cant remember the exact part number, but if you call Kartek, they will give you the correct part number. IIRC the boots are for 930Cvs.

If you want to get extra Gucci, you could use leather boots for 930 CVs, but I haven't tested how they hold up to daily driver duties so YMMV.

If I ever go back to 4wd, I'll most likely call RCV and order their axles with their super durable boots. Then I'll run the enhanced engagement IWE rings that they make as well.

Since running IWE eliminators, I'd recommend shying away from them and instead just run the enhanced engagement rings. ( because I feel that it will save your CV boots.)