CV Boot failing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miggy

Reaction score
I just had my passenger side CV boot fail 2 weeks ago. Covered by Ford warranty, now today I go out and see my drivers side has failed. The only thing I’ve done is Geiser springs to my suspension. Has anyone had this issue at all?

OP
OP
Miggy

Miggy

Reaction score
That’s what I thought. I Called Geiser and they said they’ve never had an issue with Cv boots failing. They said it’s well within the limits so I’m not sure if Ford made a shotty batch of boots and I happened to get it

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I thought. I Called Geiser and they said they’ve never had an issue with Cv boots failing. They said it’s well within the limits so I’m not sure if Ford made a shotty batch of boots and I happened to get it

did geiser engineer the raptor? Are they in the business of building & warrantying trucks? Of course they’re gonna tell you that

those springs would bring the front end of a 2018 raptor up like 2-2.5”, that is not an insignificant difference, it’s noticeable & changes the overall ride height & A-arm angles of the truck

Vendors wouldn’t be designing & selling aftermarket A-arms, spindles, tie rods & endlinks if springs didn’t change the articulation/angles/geometry of the suspension

I also agree you’re lucky they covered it

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s your aftermarket lift; CV boots don’t just tear for no reason. I’m surprised the dealer covered it the first time, that’s not a warrantable failure.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to note. And what does a tore CV boot sound like or feel like?

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019, with NO modifications had the passenger side boot go bad at 4500 miles. I took it in for an oil change and Ford noted that it was leaking and ordered the boot. The truck is a mall crawler, so no off road damage.

I brought it home to do my own tire rotation, as I was painting the calipers and wanted to clean the backside of the wheels. When I took off the right front.....it was more than just leaking....it looked like a grease bomb had gone off. It took me over an hour to clean the wheel, frame, brakes and A arm.

With that much grease, I wanted more than just the boot replaced. When I took it back in for the repair, they told me they were replacing the entire joint. I had a feeling this wasn't there first time with a blown boot. I'm a little concerned now about the integrity of the boots.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine also. 2019 and after 4000 km i noticed grease on lower arm. The boot has a small small hole in it. I just glue it with some flexible glue. Then again start at 15.000 km. The glue is not a good solution. I am in europe and could not find a correct part. I just ordered mow from partsgeek.com. Will arrive soon and i will change it. It looks a bad quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk