Curious on what PRICING should of been - without this current mess?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping track of Raptor's in my market for a while, Arizona, and the price has increased significantly over the last 18 months. I think the peak, maybe a false peak, was about 2 months ago. For example, when I do a search on AT for Raptor's in 50 miles of my zip, there are over 125 trucks for sale. Yes, some are national dealers like Vroom, Carvana, etc but I stopped counting after 50 that were at local dealers within 25 miles of my zip. I have never seen this amount available, and for the first time, I have seen 'reduced' price on several of them. I remember seeing the prices increase on the same units. I would love to have a more analytical breakdown that shows facts of available Raptors, price changes, etc, so it's not just my opinion but idk of a good source.

Anyways, I'm hoping things settle down as it seems like some dealers may have overbought in the mad dash for used trucks.
Update- prices continue to be dropping on used Raptors in my area. I actually picked one up privately last week but in case anyone is still looking.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update- prices continue to be dropping on used Raptors in my area. I actually picked one up privately last week but in case anyone is still looking.
Hey I know u been looking. What did u get?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oh wow, that's a shock, I thought there would be an unlimited amount of people stupid enough to pay more that than the original owner on a recent mass produced vehicle with 3 years and 50k miles on it that was still in production.

Last edited:

JJLbkl

Reaction score
Hello i am kinda new here.. I had a 2014 but sold it when my first was born- NOW in the market for a 2019+.. So what would someone pay for a 2019 thats showing a KBB value of 65k with 38k miles? Whats your opinion on what the prices were BEFORE this craziness? I only been researching used raptors since april.. I am guessing a used 2019 PRICE with 30k miles would of been around MSRP of 74 - 10% - .30cents a miles after that? about 58 to 62k ? would that make sense for a 2019 with 30k miles?

Crazy part about this CRAZY PRICES FOR USED 2013 to 2019 raptors is
A: DEALER ARE ALOWING TRADEINS AT PRETTY DAM GOOD PRICES (KBB VALUES) towards "other" cars-- i have read it on the forums and asked a few locals
B: comsumes are really paying 70k for a USED RAPTOR......
I only notice this because 3 of the raptors i looked at 2019s from 67 to 72k have SOLD.. so now this is making me TRIGGER HAPPY but not at 70k.... I could be pushed around 65K for 2019 with 30k miles... I am interesting to see what some of you guys think.. 65K seems fair shake.. perfect world this would be low60s rright?
The "perfect world" was last summer. I purchased a '19 SCrew 802a, moonroof, bedliner, tailgate step with 17k miles for $58k. The prices being asked for used trucks are insane. I would wait until things cool down.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered $61k on trade for my loaded 2018 802A w/ 43k miles on it. Based on that it wouldn't make sense to sell it myself for less than $65k due to the tax savings if I trade it in. The truck is really clean so I'll probably give it a shot once I get word my new one is close to arriving. I've been following the values closely and they are continuing to go up. The dealer down the street had 4 Gen 2's in worse condition than mine listed for $70k+ and 3 of them sold in 1 week.
Wow, after reading some of these posts, I'm beginning to think I got a decent deal on my Raptor. I bought a 2014 SVT with 21,000 miles on it and paid $60,000. I traded in my 2011 Cadillac Escalade and got $18,200 for it. I was surprised at what they gave me for the Escalade. I figured it would have been $10k at best. It was a 10yo vehicle with 85,000 miles and I drove it hard. I'll admit I didn't take the best of care of the interior and it looked worn out.

I'll need to get new tires soon since they look like the original set from the factory. This truck was for sure someone's status symbol truck. It was in mint condition.

Attachments

• 20210917_193351.jpg
    20210917_193351.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210914_181325.jpg
    20210914_181325.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210914_173206.jpg
    20210914_173206.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, after reading some of these posts, I'm beginning to think I got a decent deal on my Raptor. I bought a 2014 SVT with 21,000 miles on it and paid $60,000. I traded in my 2011 Cadillac Escalade and got $18,200 for it. I was surprised at what they gave me for the Escalade. I figured it would have been $10k at best. It was a 10yo vehicle with 85,000 miles and I drove it hard. I'll admit I didn't take the best of care of the interior and it looked worn out.

I'll need to get new tires soon since they look like the original set from the factory. This truck was for sure someone's status symbol truck. It was in mi

I'll need to get new tires soon since they look like the original set from the factory. This truck was for sure someone's status symbol truck. It was in mint condition.

In my opinion YOUR DEAL was a rare one. You can't compare other with GEN 2S to a minty gen 1. Low mileage gen 1 are special. Low miles gen2 are all over the place at inflated prices. He'll everything is inflated. I guess INFLATIONS IS GONNA CRUSH us all. Soon. Congrats on a extremely hard find. I mean 60k is allot but not for a GEN 1 LIKE THAT. in my opinion... I have owned both and regret selling my gen 1 but would never buy a 100k mile gen 1 for 40k. Lol.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rare deal indeed. My friend that works at CarMax, he was my salesman, told me there were several people that walked in wanting to buy that truck while I had it on hold. I got all of the financing deal done online through my bank and they made the necessary arrangements with CarMax to ensure it wasn't sold till I could go pick it up.
When I went to go pick it up, he had the truck parked up front and the vultures were circling! While I was getting the paperwork squared away, I overheard another 3 people asking to to buy the blue Raptor. After having the truck for the last two weeks, I am extremely happy with the the truck and plan on keeping it a LONG time.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rare deal indeed. My friend that works at CarMax, he was my salesman, told me there were several people that walked in wanting to buy that truck while I had it on hold. I got all of the financing deal done online through my bank and they made the necessary arrangements with CarMax to ensure it wasn't sold till I could go pick it up.
When I went to go pick it up, he had the truck parked up front and the vultures were circling! While I was getting the paperwork squared away, I overheard another 3 people asking to to buy the blue Raptor. After having the truck for the last two weeks, I am extremely happy with the the truck and plan on keeping it a LONG time.
if its not a every day driver-- i would PUT about 20k miles on it enjoy it, and then get a SUPERCHARGER-- mine had it and what a huge difference and wow fun, but if its a everyday vehicle may not be worth it if u are gonna put more than 1k a month in miles.. to much wear n tear

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its not a every day driver-- i would PUT about 20k miles on it enjoy it, and then get a SUPERCHARGER-- mine had it and what a huge difference and wow fun, but if its a everyday vehicle may not be worth it if u are gonna put more than 1k a month in miles.. to much wear n tear
This is a daily driver for me but I usually put less than 1,000 miles a month on it. I'd like to keep it as close to stock as possible and do just a few tasteful upgrades like a K&N Cold Air Intake and an upgraded exhaust. All the the previous owner did was install a really nice roll up tonneau cover and bed liner. I do want to add some fog lights and infrared lights for driving under night vision.