Curious on what PRICING should of been - without this current mess?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you care? What difference does it make?
Not stated, but I think the thought is that prices will soon/eventually go back to normal. So if you don't want to wait, you might want to know how much your impatience and bad timing is costing you.

I agree with the others though, that pricing isn't going to revert back to normal overnight, and there won't be a flood of used vehicles on the market. As new vehicles slowly come in, demand for used vehicles will drop, and dealers will start lower what they will buy your Raptor for....slowly. But we are still easily 6 months away before you can go to a dealer, looking at 4 or 5 Raptors, go for a test drive, and then negotiate the price down. That's a very optimistic POV, and prices won't drop much until that happens.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you didn't put in an order for a 2021? The time of the original post you could have gotten a new one for the same price as used right now... maybe cheaper

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you care? What difference does it make
You provided my QUOTE where it said "I had been researching prices since April".. I was just trying to get current raptors owners views on the current prices- what someone asking prices is and what any good sells for is not always the same-- NOT ALL OF US ARE SUCKERS and pay whatever someone ask.. .. Makes all the difference to me and that what matters.. SO why do you care?

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
waiting for the Ranger Raptor and Maverick Raptor,F150 raptor will going down the drain!

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you didn't put in an order for a 2021? The time of the original post you could have gotten a new one for the same price as used right now... maybe cheaper
I thought hard about that but I came across a 2019, that had over 30k in upgrades. .. serious upgrades.... it was a tough call but I went with the 2019, with 30k upgrades with 30k miles at 67k. Saved myself probably 20k if I would had bought 2021 37,inch.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Imagine what Raptor prices will be in 5 years when Ford annouces they will not be making a Gen4...lol

Offroad capable vehicles are gaining popularity. Raptor name isn't going away anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gen 4 isn't all that the fanbase is hoping for though.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered $61k on trade for my loaded 2018 802A w/ 43k miles on it. Based on that it wouldn't make sense to sell it myself for less than $65k due to the tax savings if I trade it in. The truck is really clean so I'll probably give it a shot once I get word my new one is close to arriving. I've been following the values closely and they are continuing to go up. The dealer down the street had 4 Gen 2's in worse condition than mine listed for $70k+ and 3 of them sold in 1 week.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered $61k on trade for my loaded 2018 802A w/ 43k miles on it. Based on that it wouldn't make sense to sell it myself for less than $65k due to the tax savings if I trade it in. The truck is really clean so I'll probably give it a shot once I get word my new one is close to arriving. I've been following the values closely and they are continuing to go up. The dealer down the street had 4 Gen 2's in worse condition than mine listed for $70k+ and 3 of them sold in 1 week.
REALLY GOOD REAL WORLD INFO!! Thanks. Yes i notice the Raptors do sit for a while in the 70s and i agree u gotta watch the tax savings part.. i took a hit to sell my f250 to m brother inlaw .. gave him my truck for same price as dealer trade, but at the time i did not have or need another truck.. i am guessing when the GEN 3 settle.. they will still sell for MSRP or maybe a few bucks less but not by much... even before all this crazyness... i was offered thru a small dealership gen 2- 2018 with 58k miles for 57k. i thought that was high..lol that was in 5.2020 .i ended up getting 2019-with 30k miles (MSRP PRICE was 78k) and 30k upgrades for 67

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping track of Raptor's in my market for a while, Arizona, and the price has increased significantly over the last 18 months. I think the peak, maybe a false peak, was about 2 months ago. For example, when I do a search on AT for Raptor's in 50 miles of my zip, there are over 125 trucks for sale. Yes, some are national dealers like Vroom, Carvana, etc but I stopped counting after 50 that were at local dealers within 25 miles of my zip. I have never seen this amount available, and for the first time, I have seen 'reduced' price on several of them. I remember seeing the prices increase on the same units. I would love to have a more analytical breakdown that shows facts of available Raptors, price changes, etc, so it's not just my opinion but idk of a good source.

Anyways, I'm hoping things settle down as it seems like some dealers may have overbought in the mad dash for used trucks.