Cracked or not Cracked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody should design and sell a stainless steel or Carbon Fiber stick-on Start Button cover.

I will have to check if a beer bottle cap would fit.

:happy160:

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody should design and sell a stainless steel or Carbon Fiber stick-on Start Button cover.

I will have to check if a beer bottle cap would fit.

:happy160:

The replacement is fine. They don't have the issue in the 19s so they seem to have sorted it out. Just get it replaced under warranty and don't look back

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
same at 11k miles. super hard to find a replacement with just the plastic. i popped it off, epoxied the back together and stippled the whole thing to cover the crack. you’ll see the poor design both with the plastic button and what it directly pushes on (a horiz tab)

Does the trim piece have to come off or can I just pull the button itself out? Hadn't had a chance to look at my shop manual yet.

The replacement is fine. They don't have the issue in the 19s so they seem to have sorted it out. Just get it replaced under warranty and don't look back

Considering mine didn't start cracking until a month or two ago, and it is 2.5 years old now, how do we know this to be true? Is the 2019 part a new revision or number?

heffneil

Reaction score
My 2018 with 4000 miles just cracked. Its been garage kept for all but the last 3 weeks. Im sure the heat of being outside didn't help but its cracked and obviously a known issue

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 with 4000 miles just cracked. Its been garage kept for all but the last 3 weeks. Im sure the heat of being outside didn't help but its cracked and obviously a known issue
3 weeks outside, no wonder it cracked. :cool: I've seen quite a few people that were getting red CF look stick-ons from Amazon that looked pretty good.

Joshua Krueger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The convenience of not having to take a key out of my pocket to unlock doors when my hands are full with kids and/or trying to shimmy it out while sitting in the cockpit is 100% worth it to me. I can leave the truck running without a key in the ignition (very nice in the AZ heat) and worrying about someone driving off with the truck. Can you do those things with an archaic manual ignition?
Cant you just remote start?