Cracked or not Cracked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought this up in another thread, mine too is cracked. Don't know how, it is always very lightly pushed.

I believe if I took a picture of mine, you couldn't tell them apart, crack looks identical.

raptor ghost

Reaction score
same at 11k miles. super hard to find a replacement with just the plastic. i popped it off, epoxied the back together and stippled the whole thing to cover the crack. you’ll see the poor design both with the plastic button and what it directly pushes on (a horiz tab)

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another reason I could not only care less about, but AVOID unnecessary “technology for technology’s sake”, for me push button start is in the same box as remote bed steps. Do you still need a key to get into the truck? Yes. Do you still need to produce a “manual” action in order to start the car? Yes - push the button. In some cases I’ve seen the button on the center console, wonder how that works out when you forget to shut a sunroof in a rainstorm or spill a big ice coffee over it? Maybe accidentally smash it w/ something bulky unloading the cab? Well- here we are.

Not trying to crap on you guys who purchased one w/ the push button start, it’s just that this surprises me in the least, & what if it broke off completely (like smashed in scenario above)? How do you start the truck?

I will always prefer a traditional key over the smart keys- my wife’s MDX is a 2015 I purposely bought a leftover ‘15 over a ‘16 because they went to a new 9 speed “push button” tranny, & guess where the buttons are? Next to the cup holders of course! Lol

She has push button start & smart key & we pretty much have to replace the battery in the key every year