CPO’d ‘18 raptor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure where on the timing cover the oil was leaking from. When I first discovered this leak all I saw was oil coming from the oil pan. It was probably leaking down and draining in about the same spot so it looked like one leak to me. Of course I did not pull out the lights and do a through look as I figured if I could see it without the lights they should be able to see it as well. I am told that the timing cover seal has been replaced and they are just waiting on the replacement lower oil pan. They think the parts will be here late today or tomorrow and I should get the truck back by the middle of next week.

Thanks for the reply. Getting down to the timing chain cover seems like a big job. Sounds like you found someone that knows what they are doing. I guess you havnt experienced any cam phaser isssues as this would have been the time to do it.

STHenry

Reaction score
I have not had the cam phaser issue yet. Not too worried about that one but am keeping an ear out for it.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, trying to grab a new 2020 Lead foot instead. Crunching numbers with the dealer in the morning. All goes well, it will be in my garage Thursday afternoon. Wish me luck !

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I got it. Will be delivered in 2 hours. Thanks for all the assistance